• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car To Buy For Around 4 Mil

daytona

Hi All,

Let may start by saying this is a great site, glad I found it!

I am looking to buy a car/SUV for around 4 Mil, was considering the following:

1. Toyota Corolla

2. Mazda 3

3. Toyota Allion

4. Used Nissan X-trail

5. Peugeot 407 (not sure how much these go for, any idea?)

If I went for any of the first three I was looking buying brand new, just for peace of mind, my concern about buying a recon from Japan is that how much can you trust the history/milage? I've heard about the certificate that importer must get from the Japanese authorities (forgot the name of it), how much trust would you place on it?

Ideally I would go for a x-trail but they are too expensive both brand new and recon, I've seen a couple for 3.5 mil in the selling section, what do you guys think, should I go for a used suv or a brand new car?

I think out of the cars the best for me would be the Mazda 3, only concern is the fuel efficiency, has it improved in the new models? anyone know the going price for these at the dealers?

Thanks..........

Hi All,

Let may start by saying this is a great site, glad I found it!

I am looking to buy a car/SUV for around 4 Mil, was considering the following:

1. Toyota Corolla

2. Mazda 3

3. Toyota Allion

4. Used Nissan X-trail

5. Peugeot 407 (not sure how much these go for, any idea?)

If I went for any of the first three I was looking buying brand new, just for peace of mind, my concern about buying a recon from Japan is that how much can you trust the history/milage? I've heard about the certificate that importer must get from the Japanese authorities (forgot the name of it), how much trust would you place on it?

Ideally I would go for a x-trail but they are too expensive both brand new and recon, I've seen a couple for 3.5 mil in the selling section, what do you guys think, should I go for a used suv or a brand new car?

I think out of the cars the best for me would be the Mazda 3, only concern is the fuel efficiency, has it improved in the new models? anyone know the going price for these at the dealers?

Thanks..........

1. Toyota Corolla - DONT GO FOR BRAND NEW - THE MODEL HAS NOW CHANGED IN THE RECON MARKET

2. Mazda 3 - NICE CAR- BRAND NEW TOO EXPENSIVE - BEST IS JAPANESE IMPORT

3. Toyota Allion - VERY POPULAR CAR - GO FOR 1800- BUT MODEL HAS NOW CHANGED

4. Used Nissan X-trail - WHY NOT A SUBARU WRX :) 100 % FUN

5. Peugeot 407 (not sure how much these go for, any idea?)- DONT BY THIS OR YOU WILL REGRETT IT !!!

ALSO IF YOU DO NOT DRIVE IN TRAFFIC TOO MUCH I ALWAYS RECOMEND YOU A MANUAL COS ITS FUN TO DRIVE, BUT IF YOU DAILY COMMUTE IN TRAFFIC AUTO IS A MUST MAY BE WITH TRIPTRONIC OPTION.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT FUEL CONSUMPTION - THINK OF COROLLA's They have great second hand value and cars are very hardy and reliable. But I dont know how much it has to do with the fun factor.

Mazda 3 is a Heavy and a Very Stable Car. But if you are seriously considering a Xtrail ( Unless You want something for Off roading ) Subaru WRX or STi is the way to go !

THanks machang for the reply.......

When you say the Corolla model has changed on the recon market, what is the new model, the 2005? I've heard that Toyota Lanka are going to get the new 2007 model in shortly....how much would one cost on the recon market? And how much trust would you place on the dealers, are there any to avoid? ( I know your not suppose to post names on here, if you don't mind can you message me if you think there are certain agents I should avoid).

Ok so the 407 is off the table then, the Allion seems like a nice car, how much is the new model on the recon market? The reason for going for the X-trail was for space reasons and the fact that its a suv....would love to go for a sti but afraid its not very practicle at the moment as I am not the only one that will be driving the car....

would love to go for a sti but afraid its not very practicle at the moment as I am not the only one that will be driving the car....

i agree. dims as the resident Subaru expert please shed some light on this. from what i've heard they drink too much juice and spare and maintenance is very expensive.

THanks machang for the reply.......

When you say the Corolla model has changed on the recon market, what is the new model, the 2005? I've heard that Toyota Lanka are going to get the new 2007 model in shortly....how much would one cost on the recon market? And how much trust would you place on the dealers, are there any to avoid? ( I know your not suppose to post names on here, if you don't mind can you message me if you think there are certain agents I should avoid).

Ok so the 407 is off the table then, the Allion seems like a nice car, how much is the new model on the recon market? The reason for going for the X-trail was for space reasons and the fact that its a suv....would love to go for a sti but afraid its not very practicle at the moment as I am not the only one that will be driving the car....

No machan you get the 2008 Version. Check HITADD and i am sure you will see couple of cars in the Market. Machan i cannot recomend you any GOOD Dealers due to the Policy of Autolanka. But check with your Freinds I am sure they will advise you.Please note that due to so much competition most car dealers who only think about money import real JALTARA vehicales. So becareful. At the Moment i would recomend you to look at only the New Models because they will continue for the next 4 years.

The New Allion is in the Price Range of Rs 5.5 million to Rs 5.8 Million.

XXX any car i feel if serviced and maintained properly would work fine. Most of Subarus Need 98 RON and pumping 90 might damage its sensors and bearings in the long term. Some i have heard some even fits VIC filters to Subaru. Performance cars needed to be treated specialy. I will never recomend a Subaru for Daily Use. ( Not in Sri Lanka Anyway ).

XXX by the way Subaru will not burn that much if you really rev it. At 3000 RPM it does really well. But I am sure no one buys a Subaru to drive like a Grand Dady :)

Cheers.

Hey Velocity...thanks for the reply again.....so I can get the new 2008 Corolla in the reckon market? any idea how much it wil be? When you say the new Allion will be around 5.8, thats brand new? I called up Toyota Lanka and they wanted 5 mil for the new Corolla........which I think is way too much for a Corolla, taking into consideration that the Lancer and Sunny are far cheaper......

When you recommend me to by a new models only....do you mean by them brand new or get the latest models in the recon market? Can I get around getting cheated by dealers by saying that I have to get the car checked out by the agents before I buy?

Finally I still have a thing for SUV's......any idea how much i can get a 4/5 year old Toyota Herrir/Lexas RS300 for?

Thanks....

Try Suzuki XL 7. It got 7 seats, Real 4WD with normally rear wheel drive (2H). Enough power to drive around in SLankan roads. good durability. I have been using one for 3yrs (the one on my signature) no trouble. One of my friend bought the same model and he is also happy with that. I saw one on AL for 3.5mil (2002) with leather trim, moon roof, climatic control dual AC. I checked all the other Makes which have same options but they were not affordable and none of them had real rear wheel drive system (most of them AWD and electronically controlled 4WD ability). Just have a go with it