• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto transmission car doesn't move forward until its revved high

Harsha Hemachandra

Question

Hi guys,

I have a 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara, automatic. During a cold start, the vehicle doesn't move forward until its revved high and then jumps forward aggressively. Happens only for the 1st and reverse gear when the engine is cold. Goes away once the tranny heats up. Changed transmission oil back in 2020 and has run less than 20k KMS after the oil change. Any good places to get this checked and repaired? 

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. 

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Harsha Hemachandra said:

Changed transmission oil back in 2020 and has run less than 20k KMS after the oil change

You mean the car has run less than 20,000km from 2020 to now? Then I'd suggest first do a complete service including transmission fluid change. Has the regular services been done during this time?

I do have the same model and had the same symptoms. unfortunately you need to overhaul and rebuild the Transmission at a reputed place. Oil pressure is not keeping up during the Cold start since the Clutch bands and discs are worn and expands once heated up.

On 10/11/2024 at 11:40 AM, amsandun said:

You mean the car has run less than 20,000km from 2020 to now? Then I'd suggest first do a complete service including transmission fluid change. Has the regular services been done during this time?

Yes, all regular services has been done at 6 month intervals. The car is used as a 2nd vehicle so it runs only short distances a couple of times every week. 

8 hours ago, Ruslan said:

I do have the same model and had the same symptoms. unfortunately you need to overhaul and rebuild the Transmission at a reputed place. Oil pressure is not keeping up during the Cold start since the Clutch bands and discs are worn and expands once heated up.

Please let me know where you got yours repaired?