• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw Owners Clubs In Sri Lanka ?

pathola 1

• 1 month later...

i think we should make start.......apparently a group of bmw drivers had a track day at pannala like two months back.....anyone in AL who took part?

how about we kick off with an informal meet?.....we can get the word out through AL and the two local BMW groups in FB........

I talked regarding this with the editor of our local motoring magazine, who is also a BMW owner, and he mentioned that he would be able to get the support of the agents as well.......

Edited by tharindra

Depends on the engine displacement, options, mileage, and budget you are looking at. Enlighten us.

Ideally a low mileage with an up to date track of the maintenance done. Prefer something post 1995, but not essential i would say.

Was hooked on Euro's (had a E36 back in 2004 as well) then had a few jap's and just sold off my CRV RD5. Am not looking at spending more than 2 mil for a car right now. pls message me to comply with forum rules.. thanks!

So, back to the original topic. Don't you guys think its a good thing to start a BMW club if no such thing officially exists at the moment??? I'm sure there is a sufficient number in this AL community to create a good launch pad

If you guys need any support from autolanka count me in any time. To start with I can create a sub forum for the club under autolanka as "BMW Owners Club" with a dedicated email address "[email protected]" for all the correspondence with 7GB space.

I think first you guys need to meet up and nominate the club organizers ect..then I can give them access to all the resources.

Once the club is fully organized you may have your own websites ect..but do not let down the fellowship of Autolanka Community where it all started :) I’m happy to say that up to now all other clubs which was started from autolanka are fully co-operative with us.

Ideally a low mileage with an up to date track of the maintenance done. Prefer something post 1995, but not essential i would say.

Was hooked on Euro's (had a E36 back in 2004 as well) then had a few jap's and just sold off my CRV RD5. Am not looking at spending more than 2 mil for a car right now. pls message me to comply with forum rules.. thanks!

The 325i advertised is a 1995... and is asking for 2mill... go check it out. It is a very rare spec. Not many E36's with the 2.5 six pot. B)

If you guys need any support from autolanka count me in any time. To start with I can create a sub forum for the club under autolanka as "BMW Owners Club" with a dedicated email address "[email protected]" for all the correspondence with 7GB space.

I think first you guys need to meet up and nominate the club organizers ect..then I can give them access to all the resources.

Once the club is fully organized you may have your own websites ect..but do not let down the fellowship of Autolanka Community where it all started :) I’m happy to say that up to now all other clubs which was started from autolanka are fully co-operative with us.

Thanks MADZ for the support!

decide on time date location? also roughly how many could we expect to turn up?

How about as a starting point, few of us who have shown interest exchange emails add's and decide on the initial get together specifics and then send an invitation to all known serious BMW owners in the forum and out of it for the event. We can use the official email add MADZ proposed to create for this purpose . Simultaniously until we start a full fledge club we can be on a sub forum as MADZ suggested.

Any suggestions?

The 325i advertised is a 1995... and is asking for 2mill... go check it out. It is a very rare spec. Not many E36's with the 2.5 six pot. B)

Check whether the 325i is a genuine or an engine swap. There was a blue E36 which underwent an engine swap which I heard through the grapevine. Just a a thought, its a very basic car compared to what I have seen and owned.

Check whether the 325i is a genuine or an engine swap. There was a blue E36 which underwent an engine swap which I heard through the grapevine. Just a a thought, its a very basic car compared to what I have seen and owned.

Oh! no wonder it looked strangely basic! The paint doesnt look original too.

So instead of faffing around like a bunch of shy virgins on prom night, I suggest we all meet at parliament Car park, 10am this Sunday 13th for an informal initial meet up.

If no one will be thee by 10.30, I will assume that I am the only member and will call the meeting adjourned and bugger off home and have a beer.

So instead of faffing around like a bunch of shy virgins on prom night, I suggest we all meet at parliament Car park, 10am this Sunday 13th for an informal initial meet up.

If no one will be thee by 10.30, I will assume that I am the only member and will call the meeting adjourned and bugger off home and have a beer.

Im in!