• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All New Hummer Showroom

Bishu

i think you got your math wrong mate. according to yahoo auto H2 does 12 MPG that's about 5 KML. that's just 2km less per liter than ZUL's beamer.

http://cars.yahoo.co.uk/resultsmaxi_100354...2,New_Car_Guide

Forbes got a similar figure

http://www.forbesautos.com/reviews/2005/hu...estdrive_5.html

Without wishing to appear as if im taking sides here, i'd just like to point out that magazine/internet figures rarely ever give an accurate view of how a vehicle is gonna perform economy wise. For example, online and magazine sources state that the average Fuel consumption figures for the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 stand at around 20MPG which equates to 8.3 KMp/l.... however, real world, it does about 3.5Kml in town maximum....

therefore logic states that the hummer, which has something like 1.3 more liters in engine capacity, and is about as aerodynamic as a garden shed (not to mention approaching 3 tons in weight) is going to be significantly worse when it comes to consumption..... so 2.4 Km/l aint far off

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

therefore logic states that the hummer, which has something like 1.3 more liters in engine capacity, and is about as aerodynamic as a garden shed (not to mention approaching 3 tons in weight) is going to be significantly worse when it comes to consumption..... so 2.4 Km/l aint far off

SN if you read my good man Overdrives post carefully, the figure he stated is '2.4 liters per Km' which is absurd.

So Overdirve do you think Jeep Grand Cherokee figures are acceptable?

This is why I said go green concept has blown out of proportion. Few years ago there was a concept called carbon offsetting. Any multi national organization can pollute the environment as much as they like as long as they buy a piece of land in the country side and grow some trees in it. Now these rich and famous is jumping on to the hybrid car bandwagon but most of the time they get driven around in stretch limos and most of them have private jets and helicopters and they use them as often as a little boy riding a bicycle. So does driving a hybrid for couple of hours a week offset the damaged they’ve caused? Or should we all stop/cut back jetting off for holidays? Or should we revert back to using sailing ships? Where should we draw the line??????

That’s why I said blaming only the H2 is wrong. What about all these exotic hyper cars? What about 3 wheelers and 2 stroke motor bicycles?

Yes there is a real danger upon us. But we should tackle it in an efficient manner not by just trying to extinct a certain handful of motor vehicles or by trying to scare people like Al Gore did with his Oscar and Nobel prize winning movie An Inconvenient Truth that contained six false proclamations.

ah yes... that i Did NOT notice, my bad .... but if he meant 2.4 KM/l, then i guess my point still stands

Typo...That was actually meant to be .24Km/L about 4km per litre according to wiki. still quite low. xxx at no point did i say i'm blaming ONLY the Hummer? I am merely making a comment about a vehicle that is not that fuel efficient and has high Co2 emissions. jeez u've taken this to some next level boy!

Fuzzo , like the one ''Hi! I'm a chevy suburban masquerading as a Hummer. If your IQ is below my rim size, Please buy me :)'', and that thread is just funny!

did you guys see the episode when clerkson puts his foot down in a H2 and the milage reads from going on 22mpg to 1mpg!! and that's a nother guys who doesnt give a toss about this climate issue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72_YQVowiyI

Edited by Overdrive

Typo...That was actually meant to be .24Km/L about 4km per litre according to wiki. still quite low. xxx at no point did i say i'm blaming ONLY the Hummer? I am merely making a comment about a vehicle that is not that fuel efficient and has high Co2 emissions. jeez u've taken this to some next level boy!

Oh so you are only concern about the damaged caused to the environment by luxury gas guzzlers. You remind me of people who eat meat but not beef. For some reason killing and eating a cow is totally wrong but you are sin free to eat any other type of meat. Jokes....

I think this is a very good topic to discus. Sad to see that usual participants are absent from voicing their opinion similar to a voting session in the parliament.

Oh so you are only concern about the damaged caused to the environment by luxury gas guzzlers. You remind me of people who eat meat but not beef. For some reason killing and eating a cow is totally wrong but you are sin free to eat any other type of meat. Jokes....

I think this is a very good topic to discus. Sad to see that usual participants are absent from voicing their opinion similar to a voting session in the parliament.

dude you have serious issues. You are misinterpreting AGAIN. In plain english can you explain where i have stated contradicting views (you bring up some beef and cow story). you are putting words in my mouth man!! anyone reading my posts will see that i'm saying one thing and you are replying something completely off, so you can post all you want dude! I feel like this is going no where.i don't like where this thread is headed..

your problem is you know i'm right, you ur self know about the whole climate issue all too much but you have just put your foot so far up your mouth with this great love affair you have with this monstosity called a Hummer you are just going around in circles. as to why people in this forum don't want to join in in this thread, well, some don't care and some just don't want to get in to THIS, nor do i...but you are just chatting jack...

Edited by Overdrive

dude you have serious issues. You are misinterpreting AGAIN. In plain english can you explain where i have stated contradicting views (you bring up some beef and cow story). you are putting words in my mouth man!! anyone reading my posts will see that i'm saying one thing and you are replying something completely off, so you can post all you want dude! I feel like this is going no where.i don't like where this thread is headed..

your problem is you know i'm right, you ur self know about the whole climate issue all too much but you have just put your foot so far up your mouth with this great love affair you have with this monstosity called a Hummer you are just going around in circles. as to why people in this forum don't want to join in in this thread, well, some don't care and some just don't want to get in to THIS, nor do i...but you are just chatting jack...

My good man I may be putting words in to your mouth but you need to control yourself and think twice before vomiting them out. I never said you made contradictory comments and I never said hummer is environmental friendly.

All I’m saying in plain English is (since you are having trouble picking up my metaphors) there’s lot to global warming than gas guzzlers and there a lot that can be done to improve the situation from other than getting rid of the internal combustion engine.

I’ve been to few of these charity invents, participants end up empting their cheque books and then get back to their normal ways thinking/bragging they’ve reversed the damaged caused. You gave me the impression of one of them who think they are saving the world just because you don’t use a SUV.

• 4 weeks later...

wow... never knew this thread was so happening :) Only checked it out today since it was continuing for sometime now...

so here goes my 2 cents :)

Btw...i drive a Corolla and stopped using my 2 stroke Dirt Bike mainly due to the pollution thing and got a 4 stroke... Still own the 2 stroke for sentimental reasons... :)

I'm with XXX school of thought if that's the way to put it... If you look at the practicality of the hummer and it's fuel figures etc there are lotsa other vehicles that also uses too much of juice... At least the hummer can transport about 4 folks or more....what about sports cars then... they too guzzle gas...waste foreign exchange or whatever and can only take 2 people around... Didn't see any greenies commenting when we were all happy about the Aston Martin we saw here sometime ago...

Maybe the Hummers are worse than sports cars but still if you go on a fuel angle all those big SUV's, Fancy sports cars with large displacement motors are all bad in that department so i think it's unfair to only take on a single brand and say the people who buy them are irresponsible etc etc

Different people have different tastes...if one likes the hummer that's their business...

I'm all for cutting down on pollutants, reduce gas guzzlers etc etc... And it's good that the government is also getting emission testing to be a standard here cos like we have discussed before in another thread there are thousands of mainly "commercial" vehicles with heavy bad emissions... and these are things that can be fixed if needed...

But all should be done with solid facts behind it... Maybe it's time we introduce a policy where if a vehicle uses more than a set amount liters of fuel to transport a person a certain distance, it won't be granted license to ply our roads.

Wow I am not sure how I managed to miss this whole thread !.

My 2 cents on Hummers etc, a lot of these vehicles are kept for image rather than practical purposes. But like XxX says their money their petrol so nothing much can be said anybody who wants to own one of them.

The affect on global warming by these so called gas guzzlers is marginal and debatable since only a select few can afford them and thus their impact is quite low.

The argument for more fuel efficient vehicles is not only an environmental one but also a logistical and a political one. We all know how many wars have been fought over oil and also the fact oil is a finite resource and sooner or later we are bound to run out so making the current supply last helps everybody.

Diesel is a more environmentally friendly fuel than petrol (believe it or not). The current political wrangling over diesel subsidies and high taxation on diesel vehicles is damaging the environment and our economy not helping it.

Just saw this in a US paper today,

"Price of a barrel of oil before the US invaded Iraq - U$25

Price of a barrel of oil today - U$100"

So you know whom to blame - the trigger happy cowboy from Texas the Americans call their president!!!!

My personal belief is its all their fault!

So you know whom to blame - the trigger happy cowboy from Texas the Americans call their president!!!!

it was $25!?!?!??!?! all this time the figure i remember was $61...

Yeah, i blame the Americans as well!! On numbers alone I wanna go kick them in the ass... did you guys know that the US which is only about 4% of the world's population consumes 25% of the worlds oil? It just aint right!!!!

(saw this in a discovery documentary few weeks back)

hehe its funny to see the hummer dealership has only one hummer and a chevy silverado...and ppl you can finance a hummer around $500/month which is peanuts in the U.S..sad part is SL having higher taxes for imports...but if some one can afford a hummer let them afford one...plus chicks dig hummers...calm down and enjoy life

peace out.....

Edited by getposition

I disagree. Yes the agitation in Middle East did play its part but there were few other factors that contributed to the increasing oil prices.

After the 9/11 incident price of crude oil hit rock bottom mainly due to crash of the airline industry. Fast forward few years, couple of days ago in the back of the American banking crisis barrel of crude oil hit a record $111. So I think it’s sort of unfair to compare prices when the market was in the two extremes.

Apart from the Iraqi invasion the biggest reason behind the high energy prices was that OPEC never increased their output to cater to the demand of the immerging markets. Same reason why iron ore has increased in value by several folds over the years.

Other main reason is the depreciation of the greenback. Just like in SL most of the Middle Eastern countries set their exchange rates according to USD.

Actually the other day I had a chat with a commodities trader and he more or less share the same view. Actually I may have plagiarized some of his views lol.

After the 9/11 incident price of crude oil hit rock bottom mainly due to crash of the airline industry. Fast forward few years, couple of days ago in the back of the American banking crisis barrel of crude oil hit a record $111. So I think it’s sort of unfair to compare prices when the market was in the two extremes.

The American banking crisis and the weakening dollar is a result of the a huge Iraqi war budget that is crippling the US economy. As to a US newspaper today the projected Iraq war expenditure was US$ 60 Billion, but the actual as of today is US$600 billion.

The American banking crisis and the weakening dollar is a result of the a huge Iraqi war budget that is crippling the US economy. As to a US newspaper today the projected Iraq war expenditure was US$ 60 Billion, but the actual as of today is US$600 billion.

I see the media is having a ball with the 5th year anniversary. As a GOP supporter I wouldn't say that. Yes it did play its part but not as much as the reforms brought by the feds in the early 2000’s did. I’m bit tied up today so will try to summarize things later.

Edited by xXx

Current credit crunch is a classic example of how greedy and short mined some of the most educated, respectable and wealth individuals can get. In early 2000’s US Federal reserves decided to loosen the lending criteria in a bid to get more people on the property lader and to allow the first time buyers to get the full advantage out of the property boom. This pave the way for a dubious financial concept called collateral loan obligations (CLO). More or less all of the Wall Street investment bank jumped in on this band wagon and started giving out mortgages to Ninja’s (No Income No Job no Assets). Eventually these low income individuals stop paying their debt and banks had to write off billions of dollars this had a domino effect and bank started to tighten up their lending criteria and some banks like Nation Wide and Northern Rock were stranded with no incoming cash flow at all.

Dollar started to weaken because of the countermeasures Feds undertook by cutting the interest rates at an alarming rate. It’s hard to pinpoint to an exact cause as all these various factors are tide up in a viscous cycle.

$600 billion spend on war looks like peanuts when you take I to account ‘only’ the write offs caused by sub prime mortgages which is nearing $ 1 trillion. Bear Stern lost almost $200 billion of its market value within weeks. Best way to sum up the seriousness of the crisis is that David Beckhams LA Galaxy contract worth more than what JP Morgan paid for Bear Stern.

Edited by xXx

I disagree. Yes the agitation in Middle East did play its part but there were few other factors that contributed to the increasing oil prices.

Apart from the Iraqi invasion the biggest reason behind the high energy prices was that OPEC never increased their output to cater to the demand of the immerging markets. Same reason why iron ore has increased in value by several folds over the years.

Other main reason is the depreciation of the greenback. Just like in SL most of the Middle Eastern countries set their exchange rates according to USD.

Actually the other day I had a chat with a commodities trader and he more or less share the same view. Actually I may have plagiarized some of his views lol.

I very clearly remember a barrel of crude oil hitting $50 prior to 9/11

Some countries like Russia have done quite well through this crisis being major exporters of gas and oil, they have managed to emerge from their bankrupt status to a super power. Apparently russia is the country with the largest number of billionaires in the world at the moment !.

Judging by some of the comments he made above I would say XxX works in the financial industry in London

Bingo!

Some countries like Russia have done quite well through this crisis being major exporters of gas and oil, they have managed to emerge from their bankrupt status to a super power. Apparently russia is the country with the largest number of billionaires in the world at the moment !.

most of the Russian oil billionaires hit the jackpot when Boris Yeltsin introduced new economic reforms in early 90's