• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Clutch Plate And Pressure Plate

Hi,

I recently replaced the clutch plate and pressure plate on my Mitsubishi Lancer Fuore. Since about two weeks the car has been making a slight noise when i shift on to the 1st and the second gears and accelerate. And now i noticed today that the noise has become worse while i was driving to work. any ideas on what could be wrong. I hope the clutch plates don't have to be removed since i already spent a bundle on it :unsure:

Hi,

I recently replaced the clutch plate and pressure plate on my Mitsubishi Lancer Fuore. Since about two weeks the car has been making a slight noise when i shift on to the 1st and the second gears and accelerate. And now i noticed today that the noise has become worse while i was driving to work. any ideas on what could be wrong. I hope the clutch plates don't have to be removed since i already spent a bundle on it :unsure:

The noise of fan belt or clutch originated can easily be identified by any mechanic..so take it to the nearest garage before you damage the fly wheel (if its the worse case of clutch)

MINIACE

does the noise increase when the engine revs higher, or does it increase when the car moves faster...

No it does not increase when the engine revs higher... for an example when i come to a total stop.. i shift to the first gear and pick up, the noise is there (very slight noise).. then as the car starts moving faster it goes away.. this does not happen on the 3rd and 4th gears..