• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buyin Aftermarket Cooling Products For Pc

1. where can i buy some cooling solutions such as cpu and vga coolers (heatsink+fan) and power supply units (450-500w) retail ????

I heard that there are places in unity plaza, but havent been there for ages.

can u please say the place names and which floor they are situated ??

2. and specially is there anyplace I can find Arctic Silver5 (thermal compound) for pc cpus ??

how much will it be? (a small tube)

worst of all im going there very soon so please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks..

1. where can i buy some cooling solutions such as cpu and vga coolers (heatsink+fan) and power supply units (450-500w) retail ????

I heard that there are places in unity plaza, but havent been there for ages.

can u please say the place names and which floor they are situated ??

2. and specially is there anyplace I can find Arctic Silver5 (thermal compound) for pc cpus ??

how much will it be? (a small tube)

worst of all im going there very soon so please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks..

Try Dat*M***er. Second floor, right in front of the elevator. Most other places will have them too (except Arctic Silver. I tried once but couldn't get hold of any here).

Dat*M***er

why cant u tell the full name??

I hope u r refering to a shop in UNITY PLAZA ??

anyway thanks very much,

Any other who also like to help ????

Sorry mate forum rules... this is as close as it gets. I did tell you the exact location of the shop in unity. I'm not affiliated to them in anyway, it's just that i seem to find everything i need there.

sorry was out of colombo yesterday

as for powersupplies... we are yet to find a reliable dealer who stocks them. the only one we knew of is out of stock. so can't recommend there. please remember when buying good power supplies, don't expect the price to be 2000 or even close. the good ones wil be over 4k.

as for the coolers, put a walk around unity, they all have aftermarket ones. you can also try epsi. they have some good fans/heatsink packages.

as for the thermal interface material, it's not available for sale. but i can get it for you from my disti. give me a call and i'll give you the contact. my no is 0773110521.

thanks fuzzo, (i think u r Farzan right, cause i should be calling from the phone)

ill call you tommorow (23) morning.

is 8.00 -8.30am will be too early ??<_<

as for with epsi i was told ASUS psu are rs 4000.

do they have proc. coolers ?, cause last time i asked (by phone ) they said they dont get those,. anyway should look there.

is 8.00 -8.30am will be too early ??:huh:

yes definitley too early... try 9:30 <_<

as for processor coolers, it will be hard to find an intel fan/heatsink. check out the computer shops at mc.. i saw them having cooler master stuff

for get an idea what happend, i will say the situation.

I have a 2.4ghz, prescott @ stock speed, last time i went to retailer and he cleaned it. he also took out the processor heat sink and fan.

it was a Proc. in box, which had thermal sticker so that sticker shattered and now my pc idles at 55'c+ and at load it gets 75'c !!

so im thinking of getting a thermal compound on it instead of the sticker or, have a new aftermarket heatsink + fan.

but i dont want to pay much , which option should I go for???

can any one give rough price of a after market fan ?? (for p4 478 socket prescott on a Asus board)

Thank you veryumuch.

sorry was out of colombo yesterday

as for the thermal interface material, it's not available for sale. but i can get it for you from my disti. give me a call and i'll give you the contact. my no is 0773110521.

:lol::lol::D

Thanks very much FUZZO for giving me Mr.manoj's contact.

he said try thermal sticker before buying a fan.

so today i have tested my system after putting the thermal sticker he gave me, with some load it was always under 64'c for now, (before it was 74'c !! )

Should test more.

Thankyou again And please again thank Mr.Manoj also for helping. :)

Good to have helpfull people like you all in this Forum.

Looking forward for your tests on psu's. :angry:

Thanks

:P