• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Security System + Battery Drain

Hi all,

Yesterday I installed a car security system from S** L*nka.

I usually drive my car only in weekends. If I keep security system armed for 1 week without starting will battery of car drain considerably that makes hard start.

Technician that installed security system told that even if I keep system armed for 1 month, battery will not drain considerably. But I'm not sure about that. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I usually drive my car only in weekends. If I keep security system armed for 1 week without starting will battery of car drain considerably that makes hard start.

Technician that installed security system told that even if I keep system armed for 1 month, battery will not drain considerably. But I'm not sure about that. :rolleyes:

really depends on the condition of the battery.

as they are used or even left neglected...batteries loose their ability t hold charge so if one's battery is not at it's optimal health it might drain faster overtime..

Most security systems consume very small amount of current when they are armed and idling...i don't think that's a big issue for a battery. But chances are that if you keep your car for a month sitting in one place without it been started, the battery will die anyway with or without the security system :)

And another thing to consider is buying and using a trickle charger for your battery when it's not in use. This little fella will keep that battery "topped" up at all times and is a very good investment

And another thing to consider is buying and using a trickle charger for your battery when it's not in use. This little fella will keep that battery "topped" up at all times and is a very good investment

Do u know a place to buy these kind of charger and how much will cost. ( I think less that a car battery :P )

Do u know a place to buy these kind of charger and how much will cost. ( I think less that a car battery :P )

dunno about a place here in SL but they go on ebay for about $10.... with shipping i'd assume it to be a max of rs.3500...

just replaced my battery and it's rs7200 :P

Hi all,

If your battery is in good condition then you can easily leave the alarm armed for a week. I normally do that for 2 weeks to 6 weeks as I fly very often. Never had a dead battery even after 6 weeks with alarmed parking. The alarm system consumes very little power.

Edited by Bharath