• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion Users

Maxwell

Please post relevant information on your experiences with this model.

Tip & Tricks:

There's a good article in the Readers Digest (USA) on maintenance of your vehicle.

If you love your vehicle and want to extend its life span, please do read these articles!!

Use this link to go straight thru---

http://www.rd.com/advice-and-know-how/75-t...ticle28223.html[/u]

http://www.rd.com/advice-and-know-how/13-t...ticle57830.html

Edited by Maxwell

Please post relevant information on your experiences with this model.

Economical, reasonably comfortable, quite hardly and reliable overall. Worth the extra 10-20% you would pay over the cost of a Corolla 121.

A lot of leg-room and cabin space. Rear reclining seats add a nice touch (The sliding hat rack - board behind the seat- can be a handfull when it jumps track).

No major issues to report with some of the vehicles we run nearing 80-90k.

Had to clean engine sludge on some of the White Fleet run vehicles from Japan. The meters have obviously been messed with.

1.5litre is an ok city car, the 1.8 litre is sufficient for overtaking when driving outstation. I have gone in a 2.0 with a CVT box. Didn't feel it being much quicker than the 1.8. Possibly the way it was being driven and the fact that the cars are tuned for economy and smoothness.

I have managed 12.5km/l to Kandy and back with a bit of spirited driving. We have had cars doing up to 14km/l on the long runs on the flat.

I have noticed that the Wine Reds and the Blacks usually command higher prices.

Prices start from about 3-3.2 mil for a J Reg era 240 model.

Yet to check out the new model though. 6 Million is a 'tad' prohibitive.

• 1 month later...

I got the opportuniy to drive one 2004 model, and my openion was that the ride was rather bumpy. One of my friends who travelled with me (He owns a Carina AT 212) agreed with me. Not sure whether this is a problem with that particular car :unsure: