• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bunch Of Flowers To The Road Development Authority Of Sri Lanka!!!!!!!!!!

Car Maniac

Hi guys,

Thanks to the road development authority, yesterday night we won a lottery. :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-024:

No guys it is not the things you think now. Yesterday when my father was driving his car from Battaramulla side to Thalawathugoda junction during the bloody heavy rain, on the main road just 20 metres from the ITN Junction (Junction from which you have to turn to the ITN corporation on your left side - also called Wickramasinghapura road) his car fell into a huge pit. I was on the passenger seat and as it fell, I hit my head on the ceiling. Believe me it was on the main road!!!!

And guys, please see what happened then!

dsc00190wq0.jpg

w1024.png

dsc00191nv3.jpg

w1024.png

dsc00192ag6.jpg

w1024.png

We have not even been driving at a higher speed, you guys know it is impossible to drive fast on Pannipitiya - Pelawatte main road during rush hours around 7 pm and specially during rain, so we have been driving in the queue following other cars at around 30kmph. And the tyre's rim size is 14 inch so you may imagine how big the pit is for a 14 inch to get in. And this busted rim let us to park aside and replace it with the spare wheel in the heavy shower while memorizing and thanking the guys at road development authority, as well as their generations of ancestors and even relations. :angry-smiley-024: For our surprise when we parked aside to change the tyre, we could see two other cars also parked aside and replacing tyres cos they have also busted their rims. And they were also thanking the road development guys a lot. :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-048:

Guys, Is this the way the road development authority is supposed to maintain roads? Forget about small roads, if those guys didn't even care to repair a such a big elephant bathing pit on a main road where hundreds of vehicles move everyday, then what the he** :angry-smiley-024: they are doing with our taxes????????????????? During the SAARC season, these guys double carpeted the good roads to show off that Sri Lanka's infrastructure is superb. So it is!! I would better mail these to the SAARC leaders.

So guys, it happened to us but I dont want it happened to you. Thats why as above I took some effort to show you the results of the death trap on the main road. And I warn you guys, if you are travelling towards Talawathugoda from the Pelawatte, Battaramulla side then be careful. The deathtrap is near the ITN junction. The seriousness of this is there is a 90% tendency for any driver to get into this pit specially at night and also when raining, because you may not see it. Because that pit is an unexpectable one to see on a carpeted road. And specially if you have alloy rims, then a BIG sorry.

Edited by Car Maniac

Most of the roads are f**ked up thesedays, there are some holes road next to Mr chicko indian place and today for some reason the bladdy train has stoped on the nugegoda main road railway, so had to wait more than 20 to 30 mns there and then took another road in heavy trafic, so to go from near the nugegoda super market to junction, (less than 100M) it took me more than 1 hour

Edited by GihanFX

that really sucks man, was it a open manhole cover or a big hole in the road?

dude, Thats a big hole in the road. And it is aligned to you driver side front and rear wheels if you drive sticking to your lane/ track. So unless you drive your car at the middle of both tracks, you are not safe from that death trap.

Guys, after some effort we got that busted rim repaired but the workshop person told that he cant be sure about the repair cos the dent was massive and the tyre is a tubeless one. So my father wants to buy a new rim. I asked from few tyre shops but they told they don't have. And the other screwing thing is after the accident to the rim, the original suzuki swift wheel cup of that rim is nowhere to find. I tried hard to find it around the place but couldn't find it. Do you guys know from where I can find a 14" Japanese this type of steel rim and an original Suzuki swift wheel cup. Im located in Talawathugoda and I appreciate if any of you guys can tell me a reasonable and convenient place to buy a new rim and a cup. If possible, please also mention about the possible prices for a 14'' rim and a suzuki original wheel cup since I have to get prepared with the funds and go hunting.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!! :alc:

Guys, after some effort we got that busted rim repaired but the workshop person told that he cant be sure about the repair cos the dent was massive and the tyre is a tubeless one. So my father wants to buy a new rim. I asked from few tyre shops but they told they don't have. And the other screwing thing is after the accident to the rim, the original suzuki swift wheel cup of that rim is nowhere to find. I tried hard to find it around the place but couldn't find it. Do you guys know from where I can find a 14" Japanese this type of steel rim and an original Suzuki swift wheel cup. Im located in Talawathugoda and I appreciate if any of you guys can tell me a reasonable and convenient place to buy a new rim and a cup. If possible, please also mention about the possible prices for a 14'' rim and a suzuki original wheel cup since I have to get prepared with the funds and go hunting.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!! :alc:

I got alloy wheels from U & H at slave island and they took my 14" original japaneese rims for peanuts few weeks back. You just try some time still my ones may be available there. They deduct only 250 Rs per each rims.

Regards,

I got alloy wheels from U & H at slave island and they took my 14" original japaneese rims for peanuts few weeks back. You just try some time still my ones may be available there. They deduct only 250 Rs per each rims.

Regards,

Thats a great news dude. Thank you very much for the information. And if you don't mind please can you tell me what brand and model your vehicle is because the number of studs and size of the studs depending on the model, are also valuable information for my hunt. And actually what is this U & H? Cos this is the first time I heard about it so can you tell me where it is located in slave island (road directions please) and is there any contact number of them that you have? If it is not correct to put phone numbers here, please kindly drop me an email at [email protected]. I really appreciate your help and I would be so pleased if you can help me little more by giving me the above information too. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

:alc:

Guys u wnt belive this.. I was coming on towrds Thalawathugoda Junc around 9 pm and i was really alert looking out for da pot hole... jst when i thought i might have passed it there goes a maruti in front of me bang!!!! wheel cover flying off and da poor fellow didnt knw what hit him .. there goes another tyre... man this is absurd...

Thats a great news dude. Thank you very much for the information. And if you don't mind please can you tell me what brand and model your vehicle is because the number of studs and size of the studs depending on the model, are also valuable information for my hunt. And actually what is this U & H? Cos this is the first time I heard about it so can you tell me where it is located in slave island (road directions please) and is there any contact number of them that you have? If it is not correct to put phone numbers here, please kindly drop me an email at [email protected]. I really appreciate your help and I would be so pleased if you can help me little more by giving me the above information too. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

:alc:

My one is CIVIC 2004 ES1. Number of studs are four. U & H is located some where closed to Elephant house. When you go from Nawaloka hospital side to Galle face You may turn on your right hand side at the first turn(It is now one way). As you turn and move about 200m the place is on your left hand side.

Good luck.

My one is CIVIC 2004 ES1. Number of studs are four. U & H is located some where closed to Elephant house. When you go from Nawaloka hospital side to Galle face You may turn on your right hand side at the first turn(It is now one way). As you turn and move about 200m the place is on your left hand side.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the help bro. This is a great help.

Guys u wnt belive this.. I was coming on towrds Thalawathugoda Junc around 9 pm and i was really alert looking out for da pot hole... jst when i thought i might have passed it there goes a maruti in front of me bang!!!! wheel cover flying off and da poor fellow didnt knw what hit him .. there goes another tyre... man this is absurd...

Yeah dude, this is really absurd. :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024:

And you may believe it or not. Today morning when I came out of my house, I saw my neighbor uncle's car parked outside and I noticed that he has replaced the wheel on the front driver side with the spare wheel. Then since uncle came I asked him what happed to the wheel. Guys this is disgusting :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: !!!!! He has also driven his car over the pot hole (better call it "The Talawathugoda Death Trap") and busted his alloy rim. I think we really got to do something now because if this pot hole exists for another one months' time, I' m sure you will find all cars around the Talawathugoda area will be partially paralyzed. And Im going to form a society for the handicapped vehicles which were the victims of that Talawathugoda death trap. He...he... :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060: :angry-smiley-048:

oh i see mr sadunJ is back... poor maruti man.. that poor little thing wouldnt have survied that.. hopefully he didnt break an axel or something..

and for our sadunJ u would be worrying dude if ya tire got the same treatment....

the country is like this because of idiots like in the RDA...

oops sorry, my bad..

:)

won't feed the stray cat anymore.

yeah true.. but its really hard to resist the temptation sometimes.. u know its a like one of those anoying mosquitoes that just flies above ur head but doest not sting u.. u still feel like squating the bugger since he is annoying... :violent-smiley-099: