• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Wannabe ..

noaim

Can't argue with that I think :lol: Seriously does any other country on earth have so many vans :jumping-smiley-013:

Hmmmm....not u too....LoL... :jumping-smiley-013:

Ya SL does have a hell of alot vans... but was 'Hola' serious about that post?!??!?!?!? Wow he does have guts to come out and tell us that his No.1 vehicle is the Civic and his runner up is a 'Hiace'..!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was 'Hola' serious about that post?!??!?!?!? Wow he does have guts to come out and tell us that his No.1 vehicle is the Civic and his runner up is a 'Hiace'..!!!

That of course I don't know :jumping-smiley-013: Personally I hate the overflow of vans on our streets, a lot of van drivers act like maniacs on the road, (unfortunately a lot of them are school vans) not to mention the fact that tons of them seemed to be rarely tuned, and leave a trail of exhaust gas which makes you wonder if an atom bomb exploded in their engine..

That of course I don't know :jumping-smiley-013: Personally I hate the overflow of vans on our streets, a lot of van drivers act like maniacs on the road, (unfortunately a lot of them are school vans) not to mention the fact that tons of them seemed to be rarely tuned, and leave a trail of exhaust gas which makes you wonder if an atom bomb exploded in their engine..

Yup u summed up what i wanted to say perfectly...and i live near 2 skools!! Elizabeth Moir which actually isnt that bad...but oh boy...Isipathana College is another story!! When school is over its crazy..the vans block everyone and everything...trying to get outta the house is practically impossible...i think the cops shud do something about it...i know that isipathana has a field that they dont use so they shud allow the van buggers to park there...the main road is a death trap at 2pm if u ask me...

well guys don’t forget sri lanka is still a 3rd world country. even though people can afford to buy a vehicle most of them cant afford to pump petrol so they go for the cheaper diesel option. there are loads of middle class people who use the public transport to go to work daily simply coz they cant afford pump fuel to use their vehicles every day.

well guys don’t forget sri lanka is still a 3rd world country. even though people can afford to buy a vehicle most of them cant afford to pump petrol so they go for the cheaper diesel option. there are loads of middle class people who use the public transport to go to work daily simply coz they cant afford pump fuel to use their vehicles every day.

Agreed, and no offense was meant to school van drivers either, that's their source of income. But there's no excuse for the lethal levels of emissions from a lot of vehicles. Not just vans but every type of vehicle, especially a lot of buses, where no maintenance of any sort seems to be performed. Colombo has some of the worst air pollution levels around, on some days more than twice the acceptable level in developed countries. Are there even emissions standards being enforced around town?

Some time ago the government made a big noise about taking action against vehicles which weren't complying to vehicle emission standards(if we even have those), and there were even pics in the papers of cars being stopped and tested by cops. All that seems to have died down though, whereas in many other countries, some of the vehicles we see in Colombo would not even be allowed to run on the road in their present state. They don't have our dear old 2stroke 3 wheeled beasts though :jumping-smiley-013: And again, its a no-win situation because so many depend on that for their income.

Sorry for the digression from the topic though.

Agreed, and no offense was meant to school van drivers either, that's their source of income. But there's no excuse for the lethal levels of emissions from a lot of vehicles. Not just vans but every type of vehicle, especially a lot of buses, where no maintenance of any sort seems to be performed. Colombo has some of the worst air pollution levels around, on some days more than twice the acceptable level in developed countries. Are there even emissions standards being enforced around town?

Some time ago the government made a big noise about taking action against vehicles which weren't complying to vehicle emission standards(if we even have those), and there were even pics in the papers of cars being stopped and tested by cops. All that seems to have died down though, whereas in many other countries, some of the vehicles we see in Colombo would not even be allowed to run on the road in their present state. They don't have our dear old 2stroke 3 wheeled beasts though :jumping-smiley-013: And again, its a no-win situation because so many depend on that for their income.

Sorry for the digression from the topic though.

Hehehe... if the Govt does do sumthin about emission controls then even the drag boys will be affected...LoL

Most of the cars have removed their catalytic converters which of course increases the amount of emission...so...imagine all the modified cars at the cop shed being written up....oh boy that will be a sight to see.... :jumping-smiley-013::lol::D

Hmmmm....not u too....LoL... :jumping-smiley-013:

Ya SL does have a hell of alot vans... but was 'Hola' serious about that post?!??!?!?!? Wow he does have guts to come out and tell us that his No.1 vehicle is the Civic and his runner up is a 'Hiace'..!!!

Well thank you. Yes my 2nd favourite vehicle is Hiace, I know this is weired when I should be nominating another car for it. Hiace is the best passenger van on earth, so comfy and powerfull. No wonder its used for ambulence, school vans,thugs, LTTE, politicans.

I had a 53-9xxx Dolphin with 3 spoke alloys, nickle side mirrors (car style), cushioned seats. It was tip top condition. We got it for 700,000 sold for 1 million in 2005!! Now i got a EFI 2000cc Petrol Hiace, personaly imported. Fixed a cool player, the speakers are on the pane of the driver seat..

Hoping to post some pics on all 2 machines soon..

Rgds - Hola

i remember the hype abt it by the environment minister himself...now the cops r worryin themselvs more over an exhausts' decibels than the damn emissions...i think we shudve bought them ear muffs instead of face masks...very backward way we do things in SL...

true xxx they heavily rely on diesel vehicles but u hav to admit those van drivers r insane...in kadawatha a few months ago a school van drove into a bus killin a child n the driver...it was the van driver's fault...u shudve seen the state of the van cos there was absolutely nothing u cudve taken from it...proper squashd up tin can...

p.s. thats 900 for me n ive not been whoring :jumping-smiley-013:

i remember the hype abt it by the environment minister himself...now the cops r worryin themselvs more over an exhausts' decibels than the damn emissions...i think we shudve bought them ear muffs instead of face masks...very backward way we do things in SL...

true xxx they heavily rely on diesel vehicles but u hav to admit those van drivers r insane...in kadawatha a few months ago a school van drove into a bus killin a child n the driver...it was the van driver's fault...u shudve seen the state of the van cos there was absolutely nothing u cudve taken from it...proper squashd up tin can...

Hehehe....who here has been recently caught for a loud exhaust?? Machan is there a definite law against loud exhaust's cos i dont think so....anyway ya ur right about the van drivers...those guys are crazy when it comes to rushing skool children everywhere...

Hehehe....who here has been recently caught for a loud exhaust?? Machan is there a definite law against loud exhaust's cos i dont think so....anyway ya ur right about the van drivers...those guys are crazy when it comes to rushing skool children everywhere...

who hasnt got caught machan? ...i dont abt any laws but they jus dnt like the fart cans...jk

who hasnt got caught machan? ...i dont abt any laws but they jus dnt like the fart cans...jk

LoL... I've never been caught for a loud exhaust and my cars are Pretty darn loud...hehehe but yep i guess i can see why they dont like the 'Fart Cans'...but honestly dont u think they have bigger problems than that?!?!

LoL... I've never been caught for a loud exhaust and my cars are Pretty darn loud...hehehe but yep i guess i can see why they dont like the 'Fart Cans'...but honestly dont u think they have bigger problems than that?!?!

And it's not like most buses are super silent anyway..but on the rare occasion you see a bus being pulled over, I highly doubt it's because it was coughing too hard or too loud :jumping-smiley-013:

spot on brother...its like the guvnors tryin to change the age of consent!!who the f**k cares abt that rite now?!?!its not like there r 13yr olds protestin that they want to get laid dammit!!!

priorities r jus mixed up here...a certain minister even spent a hell of a lot gettin an elevator for his 2-storey office!!! bugger cant even score at foreign ties let alone get an appointment wit others

spot on brother...its like the guvnors tryin to change the age of consent!!who the f**k cares abt that rite now?!?!its not like there r 13yr olds protestin that they want to get laid dammit!!!

priorities r jus mixed up here...a certain minister even spent a hell of a lot gettin an elevator for his 2-storey office!!! bugger cant even score at foreign ties let alone get an appointment wit others

Yup ur extremely correct dude...that rule about changing the age of consent was utter rubbish...are u serious about a 'Certain' minister installing a elevator for his 2 Storey Office?????????????? Dang.... :D

Well there was this certain chinaman with a noisy civic who got ticketed on 8 counts recently :D

WHAAAAAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!? ...........hahahahahahaha..... :D

1 of the 8 was sound pollution. Of course the silly bugger didn't have ANY silencer fitted on at all at the time, having just got his car out of the garage at the time....

1 of the 8 was sound pollution. Of course the silly bugger didn't have ANY silencer fitted on at all at the time, having just got his car out of the garage at the time....

Heheheh that buggers mad...LoL...8 counts...damn how much did he have to pay as a fine???

Yup ur extremely correct dude...that rule about changing the age of consent was utter rubbish...are u serious about a 'Certain' minister installing a elevator for his 2 Storey Office?????????????? Dang.... :D

yup was in the papers...he'a bit gay...literally

lol...according to my mom... the car is still pretty damn loud... she was just asking me if he never gets in trouble for the noise.... guess now i have an answer for her...