• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2006 Mitsubishi Evo Ix Vs. 2006 Subaru Wrx Sti

Overdrive

Battle if the supremes..:violent-smiley-030:

''Forget about the rear-drive V8 renaissance happening on the domestic front. Forget about the pedigreed sport sedans coming out of Germany. If you want the most performance $35,000 can buy, the only cars you need to drive are the 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX and 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI.''

20032095t6lj.jpg

click to find out....

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=109126

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle if the supremes..:violent-smiley-030:

''Forget about the rear-drive V8 renaissance happening on the domestic front. Forget about the pedigreed sport sedans coming out of Germany. If you want the most performance $35,000 can buy, the only cars you need to drive are the 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX and 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI.''

20032095t6lj.jpg

click to find out....

Hmmm...I've read that review fro Edmunds before... I dont like it...they rate the Evo higher than the STi on stupid shit...even though the STi offers way more for the price etc etc....

Hmmm...I've read that review fro Edmunds before... I dont like it...they rate the Evo higher than the STi on stupid shit...even though the STi offers way more for the price etc etc....

totally agree man. I only wish the sti doesnt over steer so much and has a quicker sprint, other than that its the whoe package man. J clereson said that the interior of the evo was like a bin lines!! u cant beat the inside of the sti and the engine note, mmmmmm sweeeet..

Battle if the supremes..:D

20032095t6lj.jpg

click to find out....

The most performance for $35k...... hmmm....thats the price range for the 350Z in the US :D Any thoughts?

The most performance for $35k...... hmmm....thats the price range for the 350Z in the US :D Any thoughts?

Well even though i hate to say it preveen...i would honestly buy the STi over the 350Z...the 350z has the looks and performance for sure but there's something about a 2.5Litre Boxer Turbocharged that just makes u wanna scream...Its STi for me...............

Well even though i hate to say it preveen...i would honestly buy the STi over the 350Z...the 350z has the looks and performance for sure but there's something about a 2.5Litre Boxer Turbocharged that just makes u wanna scream...Its STi for me...............

hmmm, keep forgetting its 2.5l in the States. Well preference really. If I was looking at a car for that money, I would be thinking Z mostly for the RWD, then for the V6 and the proper sports coupe. Which is not to say I don't like the Frankenstien 4 door sedans, but I like the who Front Engine, RWD, 2 door concept :D

Mindset. Madmax once took a clip of me playing GT4 running the Nurbergring in a Ginetta G4 in which I am lecturing him on how I like the car coz its a proper sports car with RWD. I didn't realise he was filming me at the time coz I was totally focused on the drive :D Heck, try running the Ring in a freaking close to 500kg car with a insane amount of hp and no traction control :D Out-of-body experience.

hmmm, keep forgetting its 2.5l in the States. Well preference really. If I was looking at a car for that money, I would be thinking Z mostly for the RWD, then for the V6 and the proper sports coupe. Which is not to say I don't like the Frankenstien 4 door sedans, but I like the who Front Engine, RWD, 2 door concept :D

Mind you dont think that i dont like the 350Z!! Hell i LOVE it...its a sports coupe in more than one way that has basically got it all...but wit the STi once u have a taste of it there's no going back dude...honestly i never thought much of the STi until i actually got one..my mind was changed like a minute after driving it...and now im crazy over the damn thing...personal preferance i guess...

Mind you dont think that i dont like the 350Z!! Hell i LOVE it...its a sports coupe in more than one way that has basically got it all...but wit the STi once u have a taste of it there's no going back dude...honestly i never thought much of the STi until i actually got one..my mind was changed like a minute after driving it...and now im crazy over the damn thing...personal preferance i guess...

Andrew,

i didnt know yoyu had a STi...

bless u my son...i startd likin it since the STi3 days...mustve been abt 12yrs old then and ever since then ive wantd one but had never ridden one...n then one day i took one out for a spin n boyyyyy that was the most responsiv car i've driven...it steers like a bitch...brakes like a bitch n i cant remembr anythng below 7000rpm!!!absof**kinglutely amazing

havent driven many sports cars but nothin will change my opinion...as much as i like nissan i wud giv practicality up for an STi of any generation

bless u my son...i startd likin it since the STi3 days...mustve been abt 12yrs old then and ever since then ive wantd one but had never ridden one...n then one day i took one out for a spin n boyyyyy that was the most responsiv car i've driven...it steers like a bitch...brakes like a bitch n i cant remembr anythng below 7000rpm!!!absof**kinglutely amazing

havent driven many sports cars but nothin will change my opinion...as much as i like nissan i wud giv practicality up for an STi of any generation

Yeah the STi is a true wonder from japan ... no questions about that ... BUT having said that .. heheh the nissan is something else too...

Yeah the STi is a true wonder from japan ... no questions about that ... BUT having said that .. heheh the nissan is something else too...

i was referrin to nissan's practicality...not the niche sports coupe n supercar market...ofcourse i'd buy a skyline or Z if i had the chance but they'r not in the price range...that set aside i'd go for the STi

the one's that come to uk we always 2.0l but with the 9 they have started bringing the 2.5l., they also bring down a spec d, sti with a sober look.

Got any pics of your sti7, was this the one which was in ratnapura?

the one's that come to uk we always 2.0l but with the 9 they have started bringing the 2.5l., they also bring down a spec d, sti with a sober look.

Got any pics of your sti7, was this the one which was in ratnapura?

Not too sure about if it was in ratnapura dude... yeah here's a pic...

myrexsti5rd.jpg

hey i think its kind of true, EVO is the leading... i have da comparison of EVO8 & STi :action-smiley-060:

hey i think its kind of true, EVO is the leading... i have da comparison of EVO8 & STi :huh:

I dunno dude...My preference is the STi anyday!!! and i think for the value its waaay better than the Evo... the evo to start with costs too much....

I dunno dude...My preference is the STi anyday!!! and i think for the value its waaay better than the Evo... the evo to start with costs too much....

Andrew ,,,, Yes Sti better than the Evo for me…..& the Evo Price Is too much.. :huh:

Oh Boy if only i could get my hands around ur neck right now..!!!!!!!! :huh:

hehehee!!!!

remember for every finger you lay on me, you get a flat tyre!!!!

Oh Boy if only i could get my hands around ur neck right now..!!!!!!!! :D

hehehee!!!!

remember for every finger you lay on me, you get a flat tyre!!!!

:P

Oh Boy if only i could get my hands around ur neck right now..!!!!!!!! :huh:

bro u never replied me abt what u are planning with the BNR26 or was it RB26. Come on mate? How about a complete mines engine?