• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Valve Clearance Adjustment

Miyuru Daminda

Question

Hi,

I recently bought a maruti alto and now it's done 5000km. According to service manual it is required to adjust valve clearance.

Is it really required to adjust it and is there specific valve clearance values for different engines.

Also what are the problems that can be happen if it adjust improperly ( because I don't trust service stations :action-smiley-060: )

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I recently bought a maruti alto and now it's done 5000km. According to service manual it is required to adjust valve clearance.

Is it really required to adjust it and is there specific valve clearance values for different engines.

Also what are the problems that can be happen if it adjust improperly ( because I don't trust service stations :action-smiley-060: )

Yes you have to adjust the valve clearance during first 300-6000km logged,especially lower capacity Indian made engines.

Yes there are specific valve clearance values for each engine.

Improper valve clearance will cause tapping noise from engine,Valve damage,rocker damage,overheat and loss of power.

Get your things done by a qualified technician only.

MINIACE