• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sunny Vzr Or Primera Cvt-m6?which Is Better?

highlander

Dear All,

Iam new to this wide world of automotives. Iam interested in buying the nissan vzr advertised in the forums,and I also saw the cvt-M6? Which car is better?

More precisly I would like to know fuel consumption on both part and maintenance cost?Both I know have thirsty engines..But which is better?

Please helpme choose.

thanks & regards

Randy :rolleyes:

Dear All,

Iam new to this wide world of automotives. Iam interested in buying the nissan vzr advertised in the forums,and I also saw the cvt-M6? Which car is better?

More precisly I would like to know fuel consumption on both part and maintenance cost?Both I know have thirsty engines..But which is better?

Please helpme choose.

thanks & regards

Randy :rolleyes:

Primera :jumping-smiley-013:

The SR20DE feels better than the VE though on low to mid range torque so a better daily drive. Worth considering ;)

Yes very correct! The CVT +SR20VE is disappointing. However If you are purely looking at performance I would say a VZR hatch would be a better choice.

Hmm, thought the SR20VE only comes on a X-Trail GT (with CVT). Aren't the Prims DE engined?

Anyhoo, agree on the more low end torque issue.

But since we can compare figures on Ash's former M6 CVT and MRMs VZR sedan, we might as well do it properly. I'll keep out, since the N1 engine is a little more thirsty than the normal SR16VE.

Hmm, thought the SR20VE only comes on a X-Trail GT (with CVT). Aren't the Prims DE engined?

the CVTM6 varients of the P11 & the HP12 Primera's came with the VE , afaik

The older DE's were available with a standard auto & manual on early P11's

I am interested in buying the nissan vzr advertised in the forums,and I also saw the cvt-M6? Which car is better?

i can't recall any VZR's on the forums as of late , but there was a Primera P11 Camino with that nifty SR20DE in the AL Classifieds...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=9602

& then there is Ash's old CVT M6 as well...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=8320

there was another Camino some time ago...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=8430

but i must say , this looks rather fetching :)

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=9544

Edited by Devinda_Z

But since we can compare figures on Ash's former M6 CVT and MRMs VZR sedan, we might as well do it properly. I'll keep out, since the N1 engine is a little more thirsty than the normal SR16VE.

Oh goshh pericles!..I was under the impression the the 1.6vvl was always a vzr..is it not the case..the car below however is a 1.6vvl..but unfortunately does not carry the vzr badge..The owner however claims it is the splend version but the splend according to website never came on a 1.6l!!

Edited by highlander

i cannot tell much about the M6 as i dont have much experiance,

About the Vz-R as far as i know in there are 3 Vz-R sunny FB15's available

GS plates which is now running with a turbo setup , HR - plates dark grey & KB plates white. These cars had the white dials with the rev range upto 9k & can actually rev upto about 8400k. where as a normal FB15 splend has only upto 8k

mine is Vz-R pulsar sedan , so the information might vary slightly on the Sunny version

about fuel consimption with 15"wheels i used to get 8 - 9km/ltr in colombo depending on the distance without pushing too much (example i do lot of short runs and it gave about 8, 2kms - 3 km's runs so the stop/start sequence is really more )

where as if you can run atleast about 10km run's without stopping the engine you can get about 9. ( i used to go to work from kaduwela to rajagiriya i got 9 - 9.5 including some colombo running,

outstation i have got around 12 with 15"wheels

since i'm running 16"with 205/55/16 ( original tire size 195/55/15) outstation now i get around 11 & colombo short distances i get around 7.5km/ltr .

since now i run less than 1,500kms a month ( some times less than 1,000k) it is in my affordable range.

for Pulsar Vz-R spares are not a problem . all suspension parts are freely available with agents as well as lot of dealers as well .

as milindu mentioned the older primera P11 with SR20DE manual has good low end torque, but the 1.6 is also not bad when you look at the roads in Sl , i have red lined on the 2nd with 4 people in the car in kadugannawa hill without a problem so this is a very subjective thing .

About the Vz-R Original Badge only few cars have that now, but it is always good to get a car with all the original bits .

hope this helps ...cheers