• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mighty Mini Club Sunday Drive 26th Of April

miniace

Mighty Mini Club is organizing a Sunday drive on the 26th of April.

This time with a difference ,Colombo & Colombo south members are meeting near SSC grounds in Colombo by 8:30 AM. All cars are to drive off by 9:00AM heading towards Wattala. Rest of the Mighty Mini Members from Wattala, Katana and Negombo area teaming up in Kandana and all are meeting near McDonald's Welisara.

Then proceed towards Ja-Ela to donate a wheel chair to Mr Upul Sanjeewa and then visit Mighty Mini Club member Radella and Mahagastota Mini7 champ Lasantha Gunasekara’s residence for a game of cricket, a good swim and lunch.

Heard our young member Dinitha is throwing a brunch party before proceeding to Jaela.

Mini enthusiasts and Mini owners are invited to join.

MINIACE

i saw some pics of the vtec mini at the meet. the wheels seem to have outgrown the fenders a bit. otherwise it looks good. will you be able to give us a 411 on this specific car mini? :)

Yes the Vtec Mini babe of Ajith Hemachandra made the debut public appearance yesterday! She was the attraction of the day.A full article will be on forthcoming Motor Mag.

Basically its not the wheels have outgrown,its the wheel arches are small :D ,That wheel track is required to accomodate the Vtec babe and the subframe inside.Awesome power to weight ration she got.Do I need to talk about -0-60 figures? ;)

MINIACE

Yes the Vtec Mini babe of Ajith Hemachandra made the debut public appearance yesterday! She was the attraction of the day.A full article will be on forthcoming Motor Mag.

Basically its not the wheels have outgrown,its the wheel arches are small :D ,That wheel track is required to accomodate the Vtec babe and the subframe inside.Awesome power to weight ration she got.Do I need to talk about -0-60 figures? ;)

MINIACE

thats not quite how i expected them to do it. i mean the usual way is to utilise the existing mechanicals isn't it?

as much as i appreciate these men for going ahead with such a tricky project i'm worried how it had affected the original mini handling characteristics. :unsure:

cos even if u ignore losing the original mini suspension, such a wide track on a car with a wheelbase as short as a minis might make up for some interesting high speend handling characteristics. well thats just my opinion :)

thats not quite how i expected them to do it. i mean the usual way is to utilise the existing mechanicals isn't it?

as much as i appreciate these men for going ahead with such a tricky project i'm worried how it had affected the original mini handling characteristics. :unsure:

cos even if u ignore losing the original mini suspension, such a wide track on a car with a wheelbase as short as a minis might make up for some interesting high speend handling characteristics. well thats just my opinion :)

There is no way you can use the Mini front subframe.Need a custom subframe.Other than that all are existing Mini parts.drive shaft and suspensions are all Mini originals.Some UK conversions we found with Metro suspensions.but not ideal.What do you mean by Mini handling characteristics ?The only difference is the unlimited Bhp available :D .

Curious to know your planned project.

MINIACE

There is no way you can use the Mini front subframe.Need a custom subframe.Other than that all are existing Mini parts.drive shaft and suspensions are all Mini originals.Some UK conversions we found with Metro suspensions.but not ideal.What do you mean by Mini handling characteristics ?The only difference is the unlimited Bhp available :D .

Curious to know your planned project.

MINIACE

i thought they used honda bits or something :lol:

well i'm guessing the familiar go kart like handling is pretty much retained then. but that has to be the widest track i've ever seen on a vtec mini. that has to have some effect. :unsure:

as for my project, its in a postponed state. don't see it starting for another 2 years at least :( however i might try my luck at finding a zx14 engine over a hayabusa one :D

well i'm guessing the familiar go kart like handling is pretty much retained then. but that has to be the widest track i've ever seen on a vtec mini. that has to have some effect. :unsure:

Have you driven a Mk5 and above Mini recently? Mk 5 and above handling is just like a typical sports car.Never like a Go-Kart. This car is a Mk 5.With the new subframe coupled with Rover suspension, improved the stability and she is Just like a Ferrari.Very stable when cornering.Track is increased only by 2.0 inches.Of course you find more wider tracks than that in ordinary Minis.

MINIACE

Have you driven a Mk5 and above Mini recently? Mk 5 and above handling is just like a typical sports car.Never like a Go-Kart. This car is a Mk 5.With the new subframe coupled with Rover suspension, improved the stability and she is Just like a Ferrari.Very stable when cornering.Track is increased only by 2.0 inches.Of course you find more wider tracks than that in ordinary Minis.

MINIACE

2" is well negligable. it seemed much wider in the pics. i stand corrected :)