• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1.5e Vios (m/t) Oils And Maintainance

virensti

Ok People. I know its an ancient topic thats been talked about alot on Autolanka. But No one has spoken about it recently. And i'm sorry if i'm being a pain. But i need to make sure of things. We got a 2004 1.5E manual gear Vios in 2007 October. It had done 68,500 Km's. Now we've done 90,800 Km's in it. The services were

75,000Km-Caltex Havoline

80,000Km-Caltex Havoline

85,000Km-Toyota Motor Oil

and the most recent service at 90,000Km's- Mobile Super S plus synthetic (10W-40 Semi Synthetic)

I changed to Mobil because the performance from the Toyota oil (which my dad put cause he thought it was good) was rubbish! There wasn't any performance from the engine at all. And i wanted to use a fully synthetic engine oil (e.g MOBIL 1) but I heard about the notorious Vios sludge problems. So i called a Mobil agent and he reccomended the semi synthetic Mobil oil. I then asked my sir's at D*MO's (i'm doing courses there) and they also said that semi synthetic isn't bad at all. So we changed it to that and now the car MOVES! It's really quick and we use a K&N air filter (which i cleaned at 90,000Km's). Now the garage where we did the service is a garage in palawatte. The guy there called Lahiru is a very nice guy and seems very knowledgable. He drove the car after the service and was stunned at the performance. He was shifting at about 3,000 RPM and the car got to 100 Km/h in no time at all. And when i got to take the car alone it just flew up to redline on nearly all the gears. It's really really quick now. We drive it about 30 Km's everyday in medium to heavy traffic. Now he said the next service should be at 95,000 Km's.

So is all this fine guys? The service interval? and should i stick to this oil? Should I not? Please advice people. Really appreciate it. And i'm sorry for bringing up this same old topic again. :( But i just had to make sure. Thanks V :)

Oh and by the way. I forgot to say that we pump only 95 Octance petrol. I hope that also doesn't have a problem with the oil because I saw the topic about how not to use 95 octane and synthetic oil. But no one had followed up on that. Thanks and sorry again for the annoyance people. V. :)

ive been using toyota motor oil (earlier mobil) and found no real change in performance..... seeing this i really wanna change

now i got a half can of oil. wt do i do wid it :P

ive been using toyota motor oil (earlier mobil) and found no real change in performance..... seeing this i really wanna change

now i got a half can of oil. wt do i do wid it :P

half a can of what? the toyota motor oil?? and this change in performance only came with the semi synthetic mobil. not the normal xhp. :D

half a can of what? the toyota motor oil?? and this change in performance only came with the semi synthetic mobil. not the normal xhp. :D

yea looks like i hav to discard it cod im gonna go for semi synthetic now

:D

yea looks like i hav to discard it cod im gonna go for semi synthetic now

:D

Good scene :D if you want to know where to buy it from, I bought it from the Mobil agents in Vaxhall street. But most of the places selling Mobil should have it. Its called Mobil Super S plus. And i bought it for 4000 odd Rupees. Oh and by the way. Careful when filling the oil. The oil is rather colourless so its difficult to be seen on the dipstick. The mechanic who added the oil to our car ended up putting too much. So we took it back and reduced it. But now when i closely inspect the dipstick, its still about 1/2 cm past the dipstick (F) Full mark.I suppose its not too bad. I should've checked the Vios owners manual before the service. It says the engine oil (with the oil filter) has to be 3.7L. :):action-smiley-060:

According to the user manual of Vios, the engine oil changing interval is 10000 km (under normal conditions). But they recommend 5000km interval, if the vehicle is operated on dust roads. I think the latter applicable for us.

As already discussed in this forum quit lot, it would be better to change the oil in 5000 km intervals or 3 months interval, whichever comes first.

Guys, if anyone requires the Maintenance schedule of Vios, please let me know. I'll scan it and upload to the forum.

regards

vitz