• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Selecting Car For Permit

donglelk

hi

got a permit with ceiling of 18000 usd cif. (diesel)

options looked at so far are

Hilux 4 wd double cab

mitsubishi L200 DOUBLE CAB

rexton

santa fe

any ideas?

I believe the Santa Fe offered is fully loaded? Because the Rexton offered now for this permit is a 5 seater not the 7 seater fully loaded unit they offered some time back.

The double cabs are also a good option if you're looking to sell right away. The market is flooded with unreg diesel Santa Fes, but seems to be the best option if you're going to use it as a family vehicle.

yep you do get a lot of kit for the santa fe...but resale value makes you think twice...plus our own milindu told me that it's not that great on comfort...it all depends on your preference i guess...

if it was me i'd go for the hilux...for one thing it's the most sensible choice of the lot...and another thing is that pick ups tend to arouse the primate in you in a way that no other vehicle can...there are no words that can explain the feeling,you'd just have to own one i guess..then again i am biased :D

OT have you guys seen the red hilux that looks exactly like the one top gear used for their polar expedition?....seen it going down kandy road once or twice...bloody gorgeous it was!!!

...and another thing is that pick ups tend to arouse the primate in you in a way that no other vehicle can...

You jump up and down in the cargo area scratching your head and making monkey noises? :huh:

:lol:

Edited by Pericles

You jump up and down in the cargo area scratching your head and making monkey noises? :huh:

:lol:

you know what i mean dude...perhaps this little excerpt would explain it's appeal to me better

"Why are pick-ups so cool?I think it's all to do with our pre historic brains.The pick-up appeals to us on an instinctive level as a kind of sophisticated tool.The handyman in us all wants to go out and find some use for this over grown axe,even though we haven't quite worked out what the 'use' is yet" - Mark Walton,Frontlines,CAR Magazine(August 2005)

..plus our own milindu told me that it's not that great on comfort...

Really? It's got independent suspension all around plus it's a monocoque body. I thought it had car like comfort....

ROFL

:huh:

Really? It's got independent suspension all around plus it's a monocoque body. I thought it had car like comfort....

ok...let me re-phrase it then...we were talking it's comfort compared to the other suv's(sorrento,tucson,rav etc)...

"yep you do get a lot of kit for the santa fe...but resale value makes you think twice...plus our own milindu told me that it's not that great on comfort...it all depends on your preference i guess...

if it was me i'd go for the hilux...for one thing it's the most sensible choice of the lot...and another thing is that pick ups tend to arouse the primate in you in a way that no other vehicle can...there are no words that can explain the feeling,you'd just have to own one i guess..then again i am biased :D "

thanks for the ideas guys.. i would also like to go for a toyota but other family members seem to like a family vehicle. un fortunatly the price ceiling wont allow a RAV 4 or outlander.. seems like santa fe at the moment

["yep you do get a lot of kit for the santa fe...but resale value makes you think twice...plus our own milindu told me that it's not that great on comfort...it all depends on your preference i guess...

if it was me i'd go for the hilux...for one thing it's the most sensible choice of the lot...and another thing is that pick ups tend to arouse the primate in you in a way that no other vehicle can...there are no words that can explain the feeling,you'd just have to own one i guess..then again i am biased :D "

thanks for the ideas guys.. i would also like to go for a toyota but other family members seem to like a family vehicle. un fortunatly the price ceiling wont allow a RAV 4 or outlander.. seems like santa fe at the moment

How about the Montero sport? believe this is within the limit

Hey man. I think you should go for the rexton. I've been in it and I think its an amazing vehicle. Very Comfortable and smooth and its pretty powerful. Cause of the turbo it sure flies and its fuel consumption is something like 9-10 kmpl in colombo. I say you go for that. But your choice of course. :)

OKay this the way things stand so far..

Rexton -out due to family pref & reliability issues

Santa Fe- pro-best options, 7 seater/ cons-resell value

Hilux- pro- resell value, TOYOTA/ cons- uncomfortable, not a family vehicle

Corolla Diesel(yes its within the price) pro-resell, TOYOTA, comfort/ cons-no off road

need to find out about Montero sport. not confirmed if its within price ceiling.

Anybody who has gone in the back seat of Hilux or Montero sport?

Is it true montero sport has bad reputation in SL?

OKay this the way things stand so far..

Rexton -out due to family pref & reliability issues

Santa Fe- pro-best options, 7 seater/ cons-resell value

Hilux- pro- resell value, TOYOTA/ cons- uncomfortable, not a family vehicle

Corolla Diesel(yes its within the price) pro-resell, TOYOTA, comfort/ cons-no off road

need to find out about Montero sport. not confirmed if its within price ceiling.

Anybody who has gone in the back seat of Hilux or Montero sport?

Is it true montero sport has bad reputation in SL?

Montero sport was within 16K bracket a couple of years back when they offered the permit. can't comment about the backseat as I've only been in the front :)

However, the CIF figure was offered minus some options, Understandably, and was one reason we didn't go for it.. better check with Agents..

in terms of Comfort, it feels a bit rougher than the Montero... but then that's why it's called "sport"!!

Why not consider the terios as well, if you have the petrol option available?... the Honda CRV may be off limits, I think..

though from the list given, Santafe seems to have a better look of 'prestige' about it..

Edited by seeker