• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cost And Requirements Of Obtaining A Racing License

Memphis

Hey Guys, Just out of curiousity and for the sake of gathering information... what are the requirements and costs involved, if one was to get a racing license/permit ?

Hey Guys, Just out of curiousity and for the sake of gathering information... what are the requirements and costs involved, if one was to get a racing license/permit ?

Hmm sound intresting.., i think u need to pay n pass exams but for this matter we need some help from guys like chang n nigel....etc,, but recenlty i went to that licence office with nigle n he told me about this licence stuff, but its confusing for me so better to ask from the experts,, but i know onething its valid only for one year ,, so u have to renew it agian :)

but i know onething its valid only for one year ,, so u have to renew it agian :)

Which is why I included the cost factor in the equation :P

Hope we can get some valuable info from the guys, including mivec.turbo :music-smiley-026:

Which is why I included the cost factor in the equation :)

Hope we can get some valuable info from the guys, including mivec.turbo :P

yeah n if it is cheep pleanty of ppl might want to get it ,, n like to know how many autolanka members got racing licences ?

So we need information from all of u guys

It cost Rs 5000/= and can be used for one year.

Best to get ur license from SLAS (Sri Lanka Automobile Sports).

There are loads of medical tests too.

Once you do this bit... u get a novice license and u need a few novice events under

ur belt.. (and/or mass start events.. depends and they dont allow Evo/WRX or type-R

the cars have to be slower than 10-12Kg/bhp)

then u get ur race license.

• Thanks 1

Once you do this bit... u get a novice license and u need a few novice events under

ur belt.. (and/or mass start events.. depends and they dont allow Evo/WRX or type-R

Hey thanks for the info. 5000/= seems an ok amount too for the license :)

cool.......... what type of medical test ? I'm dead scared of needles

:)

cool.......... what type of medical test ? I'm dead scared of needles

:party-smiley-015:

hehhe.. there is some needle wk involved... stress ECG.. EEG.. some others and an

eye test... i think thats it.. cant really remember..

5000 RS for one year,, too expensive ne

gihan 5000 for the 1st time mate..then renewal 1000 per year..for everybody interested in this first u go to premadasa group n driving school (slas office ) ..near maradana .. get the form.. in it theres the separate medical form to be given to durdans hosp..go 4 the check up n then theres a test checking yo knowledge on different flags used on track..saftey..driving conering.. ext.. its not hard.. this is a must even if u go 4 novises now..

gihan 5000 for the 1st time mate..then renewal 1000 per year..for everybody interested in this first u go to premadasa group n driving school (slas office ) ..near maradana .. get the form.. in it theres the separate medical form to be given to durdans hosp..go 4 the check up n then theres a test checking yo knowledge on different flags used on track..saftey..driving conering.. ext.. its not hard.. this is a must even if u go 4 novises now..

thanx for the info machan, bt just want to know about the licence still no idea to get one :D, nigel n me went to the racing club at jinasena water pump office , so if i get the membership is it helpfull ?

• 12 years later...
10 hours ago, DrCoolDc said:

Guy need a favor.., can anyone tell me how can I get motorcycle road race (super bike) licence in Srilanka ...???

Did you say ROAD RACE? U mean racing in the roads?

There are no such licenses in Sri Lanka and it is illegal. The racing licenses are valid only in race tracks.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/3/2018 at 9:40 AM, Crosswind said:

Did you say ROAD RACE? U mean racing in the roads?

There are no such licenses in Sri Lanka and it is illegal. The racing licenses are valid only in race tracks.

Road racing is an event type that involves racing on paved circuits. It doesn't mean racing on public roads. Unless there's an event that close a specific part of a public road for a competition like Colombo Night Races from back in the day.  

On 9/20/2021 at 10:18 AM, Anthonyd said:

Gent's I am interested in track racing, specially motorcycle high capacity racing.

1. How do I get a racing license?

2. how do I transport my motorcycle to the tracks for racing etc.?

Hi, if you got any info about racing license for bikes pls do share. I'm also interested in applying.