• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Choosing The Right Alloy/tire Size For March K11

nazly

Would like to get some advice on choosing the right tire size for my Nissan March K11.

Currently I have a normal 13" rim with 155/70/13 tire size which looks relatively small.

I'm planning to put Alloy wheels so need some guidance since I don't have that much experience with choosing tires.

I was planning to put a 14" Alloy set. I don't wanna use low profile tires.

What would be the ideal tire size I can put to make sure that the tire won't hit frame of the car when 4-5 people get onto the car which happens quite often.

Couple of guys suggested using 175/60/14 would do.. I would prefer to use 185/60/14.. Any experience using this size?

How about using spacers? Can I lift the car an inch to solve if it hits the frame?

My other option is using 13" Alloys and going for 175/80/13 or 185/80/13.

Suggestions please?

Where can I get good reconditioned alloys? I checked at JJLanka. They have the collection, but I won't mind looking for more options.

Thanks,

Bro, I would recommend you first the following to stick with the 13 inch rims (it reduces your additional costs that you have to pay for a new 14 rims)and the following are recommended 13 tyre sizes that would look better than your current ones.

13" tyre suggestions

165/65R13 77

175/60R13 77

185/60R13 80

and if you really need to gofor 14", then get 165/60R14 75

And you should keep in mind than not all 13 inch or 14 inch tyres are suited to your car. In some 13 " tyres, even some can hit the fenders of your car or touch the body in heavy loads and while turning fully due to improper matching. Therefore, the suggested tyre sizes are the most recommended sizes for you to avoid those problems in future. You should always see a tyre fitting guide when deciding on changing tyre sizes or dimensions. On the internet, you would find many.

Wish you a good choice. :alc:

Edited by Car Maniac

Thanks Car Maniac.. Thanks for the very detailed info on this. My current tires are in good condition but its the rims that I need to changed to alloys. Initially I was planning to buy a 13" alloy and use the same tires considering the cost aspects. The current tire looks too small and doesn't give the march a gigantic look. :D But the cost aspect which always delayed me from buying alloys.

But then came suggestions of buying a 14" alloy which then I need to put new tires as well.. I was more worried about the tires touching the fender and the body when there is a load as you said which made me to post this here. I will give it a try with the sizes you have mentioned..

Thanks jerryda and HardHat.. Very useful info.. The chart and calculator is ideal to chose whats the best to my car.