• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me To Choose My 1st Car… :)

samiram

Hi Guys...........

Im planning to buy my first car these days and though to seek some expert advice on it. So here are my requirements.

Max cash in hand - 600k

Im using it for daily use so it should be economical(around 40km's per day)

No need of fancy stuff but need to be a decent ride

Im not a pro in vehicles so maintenance and parts should be easy to find.

So what you guys think about this? Do i have a chance.?

BTW one of my friend suggested a 18- Ford Laser for around 500k. Is it worthy and will it meet my requirements.?

Really appreciating your thoughts about this.

Thanks..

Sam

:P

you said parts should be easy and economical .. well that doesn't go along with the car you mentioned. Body parts could be horrible to find which I know from few colleagues ended up bringing down headlights from Sing. However to suggest something within that price range,

Honda Civic EC series (search for a grand civic in SL market)

Corolla KE72 ( you would be able to reach a 17 - high roof model)

Sunny B12 (aka trad sunny)

above are the most generic options you have, however there could be more even in AL classified section, there are few extractions from A/L classifieds..

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=11978

this one is a good option if you can stretch a bit

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=11912

if you interested in jeeps

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=11899

Max cash in hand - 600k

A Maruti 800 of 300-302 suits you I guess especially since you mentioned 'Im not a pro in vehicles' and 'around 40km's per day'.Thats a very practical car for a guy like you.Low maintenance,easy for a new driver,economical.You'll love it.after all the mentioned range cars are just under 10 years of manufacture.

MINIACE

Hi Guys...........

Im planning to buy my first car these days and though to seek some expert advice on it. So here are my requirements.

Max cash in hand - 600k

hi Mate,

Try the 16- and 17 dash Mazdas. I too was in the market for a family hack ( another one ok ok ok ) and saw a few good examples.

The Mazda wagon is another option. But ensure it is the model with power steering & AC. Saw a diesel for 800 K so a petrol will be easily within your budget.

Also saw a few nice Lancer Wagons ( The famous Attanayake model) one was fully done and asking only 500 k negotiable.

Good solid cars with Ac and plenty of spares. ( I had one as my first car in SL a GLX ) and loved her ....

Contrary to what people think the car market is NOT down...but since you have ready cash in hand...drive a hard bargain. Check the car fully before parting with the cash.

Did you see the mark 2 jetta on AL? Nice. But a bit rare so spares ....but I am sure VW parts are available .....

Good luck and hope I get another member to the Mazda and Ford club lol.

:rolleyes:

Hi Guys...........

Max cash in hand - 600k

So what you guys think about this? Do i have a chance.?

BTW one of my friend suggested a 18- Ford Laser for around 500k. Is it worthy and will it meet my requirements.?

Really appreciating your thoughts about this.

Thanks..

Sam

:P

How about an FB13.. ? A little bit difficult to find one for 6 lakhs, but for about 7 lakhs you may be able to find a really good one.. Maintenance is not difficult and plenty of parts are available since this was a famous model some time back.. Fuel economy is around 11-13kmpl and certainly is a decent enough ride..

How about an FB13.. ? A little bit difficult to find one for 6 lakhs, but for about 7 lakhs you may be able to find a really good one.. Maintenance is not difficult and plenty of parts are available since this was a famous model some time back.. Fuel economy is around 11-13kmpl and certainly is a decent enough ride..

Yep, FB13, maybe could be found for that price range. Or a Grand Civic :)