• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Removal Of Tax For Cars

HotShotz

Question

Hey guys i heard that the government is considering the removal of duty for cars imported from india. Is this statement true ? can any one confirm it ?

yes true bt only for indian stuff like 3 wheels, cars etc,, sad sene

guys get ready to face more 3 wheelers on roars :action-smiley-060:

yes true bt only for indian stuff like 3 wheels, cars etc,, sad sene

guys get ready to face more 3 wheelers on roars :action-smiley-060:

not 2 4get indian bikes. IMO this move will crush micro. all the indian branded cars will b way cheaper than micro isn't it?

Hey guys i heard that the government is considering the removal of duty for cars imported from india. Is this statement true ? can any one confirm it ?

woah! seriously?? Sri lankas gonna be packed with tatas and marutis. Ive seen quite a few trends on the road. They seem pretty nice, and the options to an indian car is quite outstanding. I guess ppl r still negotiating sri lankan made stuff :action-smiley-060:

what about indian assembled cars?? like indian assembled suzuki swift or suzuki Grand vitara??

hey!

didnt know the G.Vitara came from india...

ya, i guess the tax-removal should apply for those as well.. but i guess it depends on what the MANUFACTURER says.... if they say its japanese then we'll b paying taxes..

thinking about it now.. ya, i think its gonna hit MICRO in the gut real hard.... i guess its more or less some sort of trade agreement that affects moe than just cars.... so govmnt may not be able to make such a big fuss about it (even thought they should).. afterall it IS a local industry that needs govment backing,...

woohoo for peolpe like me, who are in the market for an Indica!!!!!

:action-smiley-060:

Soon we'll be seeing Maruti cars and Tata bus gettogethers at the Nawam mawatha car park. Soon after that the three-wheeler to citizen ratio will be about 3:1, (approx 60million threewheelers in sl) and in a few years time there will be more indian motorbikes on Sri Lankan roads than there are Japanese cars in the rest of the world :D Damn I love the Indian motor market.

@ Dilesh

yes grand vitaras come from india aswell.. you can check them out from their agents.. hmm.. i guess its around borella.. Brand New Grand Vitara 5.5 Million

Suzuki Swift New face 1.8 Million full option 2.1 all brand new..

if you want to buy the japanese Swift the recondition is around 1.8 Million

but indiand assembled swifts are poor in finish.. i checked them out.. Grand Vitaras look nice :action-smiley-060:

so 5.5 Million - Tax = ?? atleast 2 million?? hee :D

btw is this happens i mean if they take off the tax sure its gonna boost sales of indian manufacturers

@ Dilesh

yes grand vitaras come from india aswell.. you can check them out from their agents.. hmm.. i guess its around borella.. Brand New Grand Vitara 5.5 Million

Suzuki Swift New face 1.8 Million full option 2.1 all brand new..

if you want to buy the japanese Swift the recondition is around 1.8 Million

but indiand assembled swifts are poor in finish.. i checked them out.. Grand Vitaras look nice :action-smiley-060:

so 5.5 Million - Tax = ?? atleast 2 million?? hee :D

btw is this happens i mean if they take off the tax sure its gonna boost sales of indian manufacturers

Machan, The Grand Vitara which A*W has at Borella for 5.5Mil is the new shape one If I'm not mistaken, it's from Japan. Indian Grand Vitara still comes in the old shape..

This is the New shape from Japan, which A*W has for 5.5Mil (BTW I've been told as 5.8Mil)

gv3su.jpg

gv11oq.jpg

Machan, The Grand Vitara which A*W has at Borella for 5.5Mil is the new shape one If I'm not mistaken, it's from Japan. Indian Grand Vitara still comes in the old shape..

This is the New shape from Japan, which A*W has for 5.5Mil (BTW I've been told as 5.8Mil)

is A*W da suzuki agent?????????? i thought it was browns? i know for a fact they were struggling with the land rover agency didnt no they are having problems with suzuki as well.

is A*W da suzuki agent?????????? i thought it was browns? i know for a fact they were struggling with the land rover agency didnt no they are having problems with suzuki as well.

I don't really know machan, but the A*W has Jap suzuki as well as Indian Suzuki.

Guys micro needs to come out with more hardy cars not some plastic crap like what they put out, that piece of junk costs around 600,000 what a price to pay, why maruti and most of other Indian cars were a success because they addressed the needs of the Indian middle class population, the government needs to realize this and so does Micro to manufacture quality cars ( with a earthly shape not some space ship )

Guys micro needs to come out with more hardy cars not some plastic crap like what they put out, that piece of junk costs around 600,000 what a price to pay, why maruti and most of other Indian cars were a success because they addressed the needs of the Indian middle class population, the government needs to realize this and so does Micro to manufacture quality cars ( with a earthly shape not some space ship )

Micro will still take a long time to get a significant market base, leave aside the fiberglass body, simply because of the "made in Sri Lanka" tab. It's like what Japanese products used to be during colonial times, when everything was "made in England". Nowadays of course if its not made in Japan, you wouldn't buy it :P

Of course if prices just keep going up, people will have no choice but to invest in Micros :D

Unlike SL government, The Indian Govt helped its domestic motoring industry by resticting imports atleast at the early stages.With the limited choice Indians went for their own brands and that was the key to their success.Now the Indian Govt is opening up new markets for their car industry.

Whatever the quality of their cars we have to appreciate these Indians attitude and at the same time shame at what the SL govt has done to help its new born local car industy. Im sure opening up the local market for massive indian competition is definitely not the best help the SL Govt can give to prop up our own car industry

ya A*W took over some months back..... in fact went to them to get some axle boots for the G.Vitara (98 model) and they were just settling in with the new stocks....

things are bit on the expensive side there.... i guess thats expected of any agent... the boot was 4500+VAT... so the set would have cost over 10,000 bucks.... but then we found out that it is the IDENTICAL boot used int eh Toyota corolla AE110... and those in the open market were 750 each (sieken) .. :D.. fit like a glove.....

ok this was a bit OT. sorry admins bros... but i still find it amusibng

hmm..

for 5.5 Million Grand Vitara Looks good btw its brand new too..

wat do u guyz think abt it??

im not gonna buy it though

It's either that or a Civic for 5.3. Think I'd go with the Civic

Assuming they do remove taxes for Indian Made cars, then wouldnt the Indian madw BMW's come into effect?! Assuming again, thatBMW goes ahead wit the Indian manufacturing plant.. or so i heard.. :)

Please tell me you were joking <_<