• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

In Too Deep Now ... My Engine Swap Progress Report

Mean Green z28

I guess I didn't quite get the whole scenario when I decided to put a completely new powertain in my car. I knew it was gonna be a lot of work but DAMN, the budget it now almost 3 times the innitial plan. Most of it deals with, "if I'm doing it, I might as well do it right and throw in the best I can get", and the rest deals with "oh, shyt I forgot I'm gonna need that too.

For those who don't know, I've got a '94 Camaro Z28 and am swapping in a 6.0ltr iron block LS1 engine from a '98+ model. This engine is built to the max (forged internals and fly cut pistons), with a rediculously huge cam (yeah, good luck getting it to idle) and custom ported and flowed heads (with dual valve springs, etc.). Since the main interest here is to drag race, I'm also swapping in a TH-400 automatic transmission (3-speed) with a pretty decently stalled torque convertor.

The complete fuel system needs to be swapped out (just got half done today), I need to get a new torque arm assembly ($'s!!!! <--- one of those, oh shyt ones), the late model wiring harness needs to be rewired to plug into and work with my older model chassis/electrical system ... and I know that after I get through all this and more shyt, I'm gonna need a stronger rearend 'cos the stock GM 10-bolt is a POS !!! ($2400 !!! <--- one of those, please dont break ones).

How much have I spent so far? TOO MUCH, and more to go!!! :P all this on a part time job :D

it'll pay off in sub-10 seconds of fame pal :P

I hope so ... or I'm gonna take it on a nice long drive into the mountains and roll it off a cliff.

BTW, wonder if I can ship this beast to SL for the fun of it (and have it as a going-away car at my wedding), pick on a couple cars in SL, and ship it back here ... wishful thinking ***goes and buys a lottery ticket*** :D

I hope so ... or I'm gonna take it on a nice long drive into the mountains and roll it off a cliff.

BTW, wonder if I can ship this beast to SL for the fun of it (and have it as a going-away car at my wedding), pick on a couple cars in SL, and ship it back here ... wishful thinking ***goes and buys a lottery ticket*** :D

well customs might laugh their asses off seeing the 365 cubic inch displacement...but i think it might b possible...smart move tho them lottery tickets...u'll need it for fuel

Edited by sharkster