• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats Best For Car Subwoofer - Jbl Or Xplod (sony)

crankshaft

neither is worth the head-ache you get after being in a car with a sub for two hours

believe me, I'll never ride in my cousin's even if I had to walk

kidding...go ahead and pimp your ride!

Ya.. that is some thing most guys do... having a sub doesn't mean you gotta run it full volume..!!

• 2 weeks later...
Are you talking active or passive? And what plans on the amp? its difficult to comment without more info and the models. Brands wise I'd stick to JBL

Does active mean that u can use the sub without an amp? how much will such a sub with decent quality bass cost?

tks. :)

Yup you can use a sub without an amp- if the some is an active one. You will need to power to power it like a normal sub and will need a compatible head unit with a sub out. I guess you can get a decent passive Blau sub for around 15k maybe? Active's will be a lot more- towards 25-30. I've not been in the market for ages so these prices maybe obsolete

Does active mean that u can use the sub without an amp? how much will such a sub with decent quality bass cost?

tks. :)

well active subs are the ones with a built in amp that usually comes with it's own enclosure. where passive ones are just un powered woofers that needs a enclosure and an amp to drive it...

if you're looking for very good quality...i would say JBL or Sony isn't the best

Rockford Fosgate, MTX, high end audiobahn, Jl audio are good stuff but they aint cheap and need a good amp and a head unit to perform well...

and "decent quality" is very personal and quite debatable mate :)

some folks are happy with an active sub, some are happy with a good set of 6x9's and some others really need to thump their ball* off :)

If you're not an audiophile...no need to bust a lot of moolah... even an active sub would do it me thinks...

if not a JBL sub too would would do it with a a decent monoblock amp...

you're in a bit of bother only if you need really really quality bass

that costs quite a lot... :)

well active subs are the ones with a built in amp that usually comes with it's own enclosure. where passive ones are just un powered woofers that needs a enclosure and an amp to drive it...

if you're looking for very good quality...i would say JBL or Sony isn't the best

Rockford Fosgate, MTX, high end audiobahn, Jl audio are good stuff but they aint cheap and need a good amp and a head unit to perform well...

and "decent quality" is very personal and quite debatable mate :)

some folks are happy with an active sub, some are happy with a good set of 6x9's and some others really need to thump their ball* off :)

If you're not an audiophile...no need to bust a lot of moolah... even an active sub would do it me thinks...

if not a JBL sub too would would do it with a a decent monoblock amp...

you're in a bit of bother only if you need really really quality bass

that costs quite a lot... :)

Tks guys...

thinkin of droppin to adva*ce or p*tco and chek the latest prices... :)

Tks guys...

thinkin of droppin to adva*ce or p*tco and chek the latest prices... :)

that's the best way forwards me thinks :)

the latter has "fusion" subs... and they pack a good thump :)

they've hooked quite a few of those to a mini they use as a demo car... and that thing can rock your dentures off

that's the best way forwards me thinks :)

the latter has "fusion" subs... and they pack a good thump :)

they've hooked quite a few of those to a mini they use as a demo car... and that thing can rock your dentures off

LOL..

gonna hit dat place 1st then...

Cheers yoa!

:action-smiley-035: