• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problem With My Lancer C12a

dinesh_gd2003

Hi guys,

I was driving around in my car yesterday when the fuel meter suddenly rose all the way up to "F" for no apparent reason. Mind you i had only about half a tank of petrol left. Then suddenly the engine temperature meter started rising. I didn't want to take chance with the engine so i stopped the vehicle and let it cool down for a while. Once again, when i turned on the ignition, the fuel meter went all the way up. and after a while, the engine started to heat up again.

Do any of you guys have an idea as to what the heck is going on with my car?? :blink:

The car has an electronic cooling fan. I noticed that the electronic switch had stopped working as the fan did not turn on when the engine temp started to rise. But the fan starts working when i turn on the A/C. But the engine temp still keeps rising.

Hi guys,

I was driving around in my car yesterday when the fuel meter suddenly rose all the way up to "F" for no apparent reason. Mind you i had only about half a tank of petrol left. Then suddenly the engine temperature meter started rising. I didn't want to take chance with the engine so i stopped the vehicle and let it cool down for a while. Once again, when i turned on the ignition, the fuel meter went all the way up. and after a while, the engine started to heat up again.

Do any of you guys have an idea as to what the heck is going on with my car?? :blink:

The car has an electronic cooling fan. I noticed that the electronic switch had stopped working as the fan did not turn on when the engine temp started to rise. But the fan starts working when i turn on the A/C. But the engine temp still keeps rising.

i feel this is related to an electrical issue related to the meter cluster. Just check whether engine actually heats up although it shows as temp rising. Start up the engine when cool with radiator cap removed, check both water level of the radiator and temp gauge. When temp reaches boiling point it should start bubbling and excess water will flaw out, at the same time fan will cut in. Just check whether temp gauge shows high temp even before water bubbles. Make sure you don't keep running the engine even after seeing water bubbles up and flaws out. This check will help you to identify whether this is really due to engine over heat or electronic issue. I smell this is due to short circuit of the earth supply of meter cluster.

i feel this is related to an electrical issue related to the meter cluster. Just check whether engine actually heats up although it shows as temp rising. Start up the engine when cool with radiator cap removed, check both water level of the radiator and temp gauge. When temp reaches boiling point it should start bubbling and excess water will flaw out, at the same time fan will cut in. Just check whether temp gauge shows high temp even before water bubbles. Make sure you don't keep running the engine even after seeing water bubbles up and flaws out. This check will help you to identify whether this is really due to engine over heat or electronic issue. I smell this is due to short circuit of the earth supply of meter cluster.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes, even i feel that it is an electrical issue, although, i feel that the engine does really heat up but i have no way to be sure. So let me try out what you said and see.

Hi,

Well i finally found out what the problem is. Apparently the meter panel circuit has got corroded very badly and is busted for good. There is no way to fix it according to my mechanic. :huh:

Do any of you guys know where i can find a replacement dashboard for a Mitsubishi lancer fiore C12A?? or do you know of some expert auto electrician who can help me out? please let me know.

Hi,

Well i finally found out what the problem is. Apparently the meter panel circuit has got corroded very badly and is busted for good. There is no way to fix it according to my mechanic. :huh:

Do any of you guys know where i can find a replacement dashboard for a Mitsubishi lancer fiore C12A?? or do you know of some expert auto electrician who can help me out? please let me know.

check at Uro Ni**on welisara. they had some c12 parts.

I was wondering, do you think its possible to integrate a different set of meter panels on to this instead of trying to get the original??

did you try around panchikawatta ? In "bmc watta" there were couple of c12s dismantled. Check before you jump to destroy the originality

did you try around panchikawatta ? In "bmc watta" there were couple of c12s dismantled. Check before you jump to destroy the originality

Thanks for the info. I will check there and see. I definitely do not want to destroy the originality of the car. I am merely looking at all available options. :)