• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

’00 - ’01 Pajero/montero Swb 3.5l (gdi) V6

LaZyBoY

Hi all..

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this model? Would appreciate some pros/cons (besides the disastrous fuel economy :rolleyes: ) etc. and a rough estimate of how much I should be looking to pay, for a used one in good nick.

Cheers!

Hi all..

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this model? Would appreciate some pros/cons (besides the disastrous fuel economy :rolleyes: ) etc. and a rough estimate of how much I should be looking to pay, for a used one in good nick.

Cheers!

Ive been on the look for a diesel LWB for sometime but the economic factor has pushed it further away. But considering the market value for the petrol versions being in the range of 5M I would say about 3.5-4M for the SWB. But those SWB models are quite rare in SL. Iv also heard from a couple of people selling those GDI monteros are quite a task, too many in the market and less people wanting to buy them.

Thats all I know of im sure there will be other members who could advise about pro/cons.

Thanks for the replies (keep em coming).. the SWB is certainly scarce on local roads, I've seen maybe 4-5 all told. Hoping to get some first-hand feedback about what it's like to live with, since thus far I have no experience with Mitsubishi's in general and the agents etc. The prospect of re-selling anything is daunting enough these days and this being a SWB would only make it a million times worse, I imagine <_< that said, I assume it might actually be a little more economical on gas, given it weighs less(?) there's also the infamous "GDI issue", although I've heard that it doesn't affect Monty's for the most part(?), again it would be nice to clear that up before taking the plunge.

As to price, I think you guys are pretty much spot-on, though I feel like it ought to be closer to the lower-end of that range, given that it is (yes :( ) quite a poor value proposition these days.

But given i'm a fan of the Pajero Evo , i quite like the shape of the one your after as well - but i dunno if its worth putting all that money down on it though...

The small SUV mkt is a little iffy altogether i feel....as in there isn't a whole lot of choice if your looking for a newish 3dr SUV that something that isn't something tiny n girlish

An Isuzu MU would have been a consideration for me (there are 2 of those here as well)

All in all, i've seen a coupla Silver's , One blue & one black of what your looking for...

Ha! I had considered the Paj Evo as well but it's too highly strung IMO and the ott looks would soon have me bored or in trouble or both :rolleyes:

The small SUV mkt is a little iffy altogether i feel....as in there isn't a whole lot of choice if your looking for a newish 3dr SUV that something that isn't something tiny n girlish

Agreed 100% about the lack of choice in this segment, none of the soft-roaders seem to fit the bill in terms of appearance and 4wd ability. I'm not too keen on the typical "diesel jeep" (Prado, Patrol, Hilux) type thing either. Having said that, even the full size Monty doesn't do it for me at all, to be honest. I think they got the proportions just right with the SWB and something a little different has always appealed to me anyway ;)

An Isuzu MU would have been a consideration for me (there are 2 of those here as well)

The MU is an interesting, if even more obscure option. There was one (I think) in the Motormag for a couple of months but it's since been sold and I remember having a look at another (older model) that was (strangely) on K-plates a while back as well. Can't remember now if it was a petrol or diesel :unsure:

All in all, i've seen a coupla Silver's , One blue & one black of what your looking for...

Looks like you've got most of em pegged there D_Z :) just the Red one that fuzzo mentioned and I'm almost certain I've seen a Green one as well, once

Ha! I had considered the Paj Evo as well but it's too highly strung IMO and the ott looks would soon have me bored or in trouble or both :rolleyes:

Agreed 100% about the lack of choice in this segment, none of the soft-roaders seem to fit the bill in terms of appearance and 4wd ability. I'm not too keen on the typical "diesel jeep" (Prado, Patrol, Hilux) type thing either. Having said that, even the full size Monty doesn't do it for me at all, to be honest. I think they got the proportions just right with the SWB and something a little different has always appealed to me anyway ;)

The MU is an interesting, if even more obscure option. There was one (I think) in the Motormag for a couple of months but it's since been sold and I remember having a look at another (older model) that was (strangely) on K-plates a while back as well. Can't remember now if it was a petrol or diesel :unsure:

Looks like you've got most of em pegged there D_Z :) just the Red one that fuzzo mentioned and I'm almost certain I've seen a Green one as well, once

really - agree OTT , but its not like its not got the "go" to match with a 3.5 L MIVEC right? :D

Agree with you on the proportions as well

If your keen i'll try and find out the contact of that MU on the K Plates - it was imported on Blue permit if i recall right and was none transferable at the time it was for sale afaik - Diesel i think - that thing looked quite nice n mean thanks to the full back on black paint work + running lights

really - agree OTT , but its not like its not got the "go" to match with a 3.5 L MIVEC right? :D

Agree with you on the proportions as well

If your keen I'll try and find out the contact of that MU on the K Plates - it was imported on Blue permit if i recall right and was none transferable at the time it was for sale afaik - Diesel i think - that thing looked quite nice n mean thanks to the full back on black paint work + running lights

No question it's got plenty of oomph, just not quite what I'm looking for right now, both in terms of performance and appearance.

Thanks for the offer to do some digging on the Mu but again, being an older diesel (albeit a very capable and decent looking example) it's not what I'm after this time around.. bin there done that <_<

I suppose it was rather optimistic to hope to hear from owners of SWB Monty's, given how few there are :mellow:

Thinking I might drop by and have a chat with the agents, just to see what advice or recommendations they might have.

• 4 months later...

There are two Brown ones with these now plates and they are second gen Pajeros with Disel engines 2.8 and 2.5.

One is near Delkanda Junc. and the other was on the Wijerama Road. Havent seen the second one lately though...

Edited by isam

There are two Brown ones with these now plates and they are second gen Pajeros with Disel engines 2.8 and 2.5.

One is near Delkanda Junc. and the other was on the Wijerama Road. Havent seen the second one lately though...

There is a SWB montero advertised on HITAD last sunday. A black one.