• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Has Any One Fixed Mechanical Temp Guage ?

Sumiya

Question

11 answers to this question

Hi Guys

has any one using a mechanical temperature gauge, i just need some information how it is configured,

if you got pics that would be great ,which way it has been connected etc

thanks

regards

sumith

Hi

When you say mechanical temp guage do you mean one with the small tube containing mercury or alchohol? What sort of guage is it and where do you want to install it? If its the one I am thinking of these usually are installed into the side of the radiator or screwed into the engine block.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DURITE-WATER-TEMP-GA...=item483782d8c3

Hi maliths

Yes , that is the one, i am going to use electrical and mechanical both together with T connector to the Upper

radiator hose or into the engine block sensor location

need to find a good place to buy the stuff also

thanks

regards

sumith

Hi maliths

Yes , that is the one, i am going to use electrical and mechanical both together with T connector to the Upper

thanks

regards

sumith

Sumith,

I dont understand why you want to fit both electrical and mechanical guages? The electric one is much easier to install and only requires one wire whereas the mechanical is more difficult because you have to run the small tube all the way back to the guage and its usually about 3-4mm dia tube. I remember seeing those mechanical guages in panchikawatte but this was quite some time ago (8-9 years).

Sumith,

I dont understand why you want to fit both electrical and mechanical guages? The electric one is much easier to install and only requires one wire whereas the mechanical is more difficult because you have to run the small tube all the way back to the guage and its usually about 3-4mm dia tube. I remember seeing those mechanical guages in panchikawatte but this was quite some time ago (8-9 years).

Yup Installing an electric one is more easier.

Hi maliths

thanks

regards

sumith

try Motorcade.Pet#o also had some gauges but not sure whether they are having Temp gauges.

Sumith,

on a sidenote...wont the electrical one be lot more accurate and also will respond faster?

on a sidenote...wont the electrical one be lot more accurate and also will respond faster?

Good mechanical guages are calibrated so they are pretty accurate and they do respond fairly quickly. Dodgy cheap guages probably will not have a great accuracy. Some electric meters can be quite slow to respond as well I think thats more the damping thats built into it to stop the meter waving about due to small fluctuations.

Hi Guys

As my experience Mechanical Gauges are very much accurate than electrical, so i always prefer them rather than

depending on electrical,i have learned lot of lessons from relying on electrical stuff,i don't say they are not accurate all the time.

but cant rely on them for long time, they used to malfunction when they get old.

Thanks

Regards

sumith