• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is It Worth Buying An Axio 2016 WxB Now ?

gayankap

Question

hello everyone ,

is it really worth buying a toyota axio 2016 hybrid g50 limited red interior model brand new at this time period , because its the end of 2016 ... will the next axio be released anytime soon ? if so will it look a lot different than the axios of 2016 ? whats the difference between wxb , g50 limited & g models ? almost everyone i know who owns the g model says the car is underpowered.

Edited by gayankap

17 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, gayankap said:

hello everyone ,

is it really worth buying a toyota axio 2016 hybrid g50 limited red interior model brand new at this time period , because its the end of 2016 ... will the next axio be released anytime soon ? if so will it look a lot different than the axios of 2016 ? whats the difference between wxb , g50 limited & g models ? almost everyone i know who owns the g model says the car is underpowered.

Axio WXB has all the options you get in a hybrid G. Additionally it has day time running lamps, black leather seats, front sports shell (that's what they call it), rear smoked tail lamps and 16" alloys.

Axio anniversary model has red interior, other options are the same as in a hybrid G.

My personal opinion is there is no point of paying extra 4-5 lacks for a WXB or anniversary model.

Don't think the current model will be replaced anytime soon.

I personally don't own a Axio hybrid but have driven one a couple of times and did not feel under powered nor any of the owners complained such a thing.

• Like 2

Agree with @sathyajithj99 its basically the same car with few cosmetic difference. You will feel that the car is under powered if you try a sudden acceleration when you are in Eco mode. I have driven with 4 people and luggage with Eco mode off and I haven't felt much of a difference in acceleration. You'll have to floor it though to get something out of it :D Do keep in mind that this car is designed to be a boring econo box so don't expect much performance except fuel figures.

@asrock It's not underpowered. NKE-165 model has combined 135hp of power. When you're in eco mode, It's reduces the throttle response and limites the overall power output to give best fuel economy and smoother drive. I also imported and used 2014 Axio hybrid G (NKE-165) package and it did 0-100Km/h just within 9.4 secs. It's pretty good acceleration when compared to the other rubber CVT vehicles like Premio/Allion. Now I own an Allion 260 and then came to the acceleration it's taking 12 seconds to hit 100Km/h. In that case I feel that Axio Hybrid is way faster due to e-CVT transaxle. I and my family went on long trips from Colombo to Matale, Mandaram nuwara, Kadugannawa, Nuwaraeliya, several times with luggages. I didn't press the accelerator fully even overtaking in hills. Also, I put two carpets (Aftermarket + Original) behind the gas pedal and there is no way to press it to the bottom. It has enough power to overtake by pressing a little bit of gas. You need to replace your HV battery and see the difference. Bad battery causes to reduce fully hybrid vehicle performance. The comfort is a little bit improved in Allion and I don't feel any huge difference like jumping Rolls Royce from Axio. both are economy vehicles. You need to have a better understanding of the vehicle purpose before driving it like a maniac. lol

• Like 1

errmmm why is a 7 year old thread being bumped? and AFAIK @asrock drove an Axio, didn't like it sold it off, bought a Premio sold it off too and is now driving a Rav4 in the US of A :D  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, matroska said:

errmmm why is a 7 year old thread being bumped? and AFAIK @asrock drove an Axio, didn't like it sold it off, bought a Premio sold it off too and is now driving a Rav4 in the US of A :D  

Must be rocking his Ass off in the Rav4 😜

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, matroska said:

I sold the axio mainly because I thought the hybrid battery would start having issues. Now I think it was actually a decent car with decent acceleration compared to heavier cars like Allion/Premio.

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Must be rocking his Ass off in the Rav4 😜

It's a decent SUV with the 2.5l engine it has some good acceleration. I have the XLE but it doesn't have some JDM features the axio and premio had.

10 hours ago, asrock said:

Now I think it was actually a decent car with decent acceleration compared to heavier cars like Allion/Premio.

Compared to the 1.5L Premio/Allion yes...the 1.5L variants were popular as fleet cars for senior sales reps. Normal people bought the 1.8 and 2L variants which were a totally different experience. But then..the Allion/Premio is a much older car and design...which is why Lankans like them.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, matroska said:

We have some Axio owners who are very "proud" of their car. Simply immune to facts and figures too...enjoy trolling their post on the other thread stating the mere fact that the NKE165 is based on the B platform as the Vitz, gotten smaller, and Toyota made it an entry-level sedan compared to the previous Corollas that were mid-level sedans (which they did because they wanted a 5 number car that would suit a Belta replacement as well as meet a basic Corolla requirement).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, asrock said:

It's a decent SUV with the 2.5l engine it has some good acceleration. I have the XLE but it doesn't have some JDM features the axio and premio had.

do the 'murricans actually say it's 2.5 Liters or do they still use 150 Cubic inches, or 5  chicken buckets or three and five eighths of a bear paw to denote engine size?  

Edited by matroska
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, asrock said:

Dont get me wrong buddy, I was being funny there and wanted to say that you are having a good time in USA rather than driving boring old cars and talking of fuel consumption. I had a Gen1 Rav4 which I sold last year. Two different categories they work in you cant do what the Rav4 does in your Axio or Premio, but the trade off would be a few features missing on the Rav4.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, matroska said:

do the 'murricans actually say it's 2.5 Liters or do they still use 150 Cubic inches, or 5  chicken buckets or three and five eighths of a bear paw to denote engine size?  

Never heard of a chicken bucket but the guy at the dealer ship (he was a 'murrican) explained everything in Liters. Maybe because I was Asian or maybe because it was Toyota.

12 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Dont get me wrong buddy, I was being funny there and wanted to say that you are having a good time in USA rather than driving boring old cars and talking of fuel consumption. I had a Gen1 Rav4 which I sold last year. Two different categories they work in you cant do what the Rav4 does in your Axio or Premio, but the trade off would be a few features missing on the Rav4.

You are good bro. I know what you meant. You are right they are two different categories. But I wish it had the features like LED headlights, auto diming side mirrors, illuminated mirror control buttons etc.