• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Collecting License After 2 Month Suspension

Stingray

Hi guys

My friend was copped for a drink and drive couple of months back and his 2 month suspension is over this week. After paying the fine at courts a green chit was given to him.

What is the procedure for collecting it, have to go to courts again or from the police station? Any documents to be taken other than the reciept?

Hi guys

My friend was copped for a drink and drive couple of months back and his 2 month suspension is over this week. After paying the fine at courts a green chit was given to him.

What is the procedure for collecting it, have to go to courts again or from the police station? Any documents to be taken other than the reciept?

Looks like nobody here has been in this position, thankfully. Do let us know what the procedure was though.

possibly the police station that suspended the license 'cos they're probably still holding on to it; hopefully they haven't lost it (like they lost the title of my bike when that's all I had to give them 'cos I forgot the license) ... lol

possibly the police station that suspended the license 'cos they're probably still holding on to it; hopefully they haven't lost it (like they lost the title of my bike when that's all I had to give them 'cos I forgot the license) ... lol

You have to go to the courts after the date the suspension is over and speak to the cops who are on the side who do the paperwork. It used to be that you had to put a motion through a lawyer to pull it out. But now it seems that its straight forward. Paying fines are also damn straight forward with government streamlining their income channels.

Show them the blue receipt he would have received to the cops and they will track it down and give you, It is kept at the courts. Dont expect them to jump up and do it though, You might have to wait a while at least till the court proceedings are done. If you know an inside cop he might be able to help you out and save time. Don't under any circumstance offer cash for favors granted within the courts premises as they will screw you for bribing cops at the courts now. Happened to a known party. No joke now. It seems a cop who catches a potential briber gets far more goodies than the bribe itself. They are cutting both sides, the receiver and the giver.

Edited by VVTi

You have to go to the courts after the date the suspension is over and speak to the cops who are on the side who do the paperwork. It used to be that you had to put a motion through a lawyer to pull it out. But now it seems that its straight forward. Paying fines are also damn straight forward with government streamlining their income channels.

Show them the blue receipt he would have received to the cops and they will track it down and give you, It is kept at the courts. Dont expect them to jump up and do it though, You might have to wait a while at least till the court proceedings are done. If you know an inside cop he might be able to help you out and save time. Don't under any circumstance offer cash for favors granted within the courts premises as they will screw you for bribing cops at the courts now. Happened to a known party. No joke now. It seems a cop who catches a potential briber gets far more goodies than the bribe itself. They are cutting both sides, the receiver and the giver.

Thanks for the replies, yes my friend has gone to the courts and collected it wihout any hassle. Luckily the time he went there was a break and he just had to spend 5 mts to collect it.

And he swore that he will never touch alchohol and drive again..way too much hassle! good lesson for all of us also!