• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Diagnostic Scanner

milindu

Question

We are looking to pickup a vehicle diagnostic scanner for the workshop. I'm yet to try out the agents but Launch, Carman and Autoboss are the recommended brands.

It will be used mostly on common fleet type Nissan and Toyota models.

Any suggestions?

Edited by milindu

3 answers to this question

We are looking to pickup a vehicle diagnostic scanner for the workshop. I'm yet to try out the agents but Launch, Carman and Autoboss are the recommended brands.

It will be used mostly on common fleet type Nissan and Toyota models.

Any suggestions?

Both Autoboss V30 and Launch Master x431 will serve your purpose. However you could cover older Toyota models which came with 17 pin port with it's self diagnostic feature and other Toyota models by using a low cost OBD II PC interface which will cost you below Rs.7,000-.

You could cover Conzult I Nissan cars which came with 14 pin connector by using a PC interface which will cost you around Rs.5,000-. You will miss only Nissans came after year 1998 or so. Equipments which support Nissan are well over Rs.200,000- price mark as of it's Proprietary Consult protocol.

-GMI

Both Autoboss V30 and Launch Master x431 will serve your purpose. However you could cover older Toyota models which came with 17 pin port with it's self diagnostic feature and other Toyota models by using a low cost OBD II PC interface which will cost you below Rs.7,000-.

You could cover Conzult I Nissan cars which came with 14 pin connector by using a PC interface which will cost you around Rs.5,000-. You will miss only Nissans came after year 1998 or so. Equipments which support Nissan are well over Rs.200,000- price mark as of it's Proprietary Consult protocol.

-GMI

Thanks GMI.

I think we will have to invest in one of the mentioned scanners since the target group is mainly post 1998 vehicles (Specially the FB15, N16, NZE 121 etc.

The portability is a big plus as well.

Thanks GMI.

I think we will have to invest in one of the mentioned scanners since the target group is mainly post 1998 vehicles (Specially the FB15, N16, NZE 121 etc.

The portability is a big plus as well.

few weeks back, on the H1tAd, there was a guy was importing them to SL. I