• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Vibration Issue

rangerover

Guys,

I had a idle vibration issue on my 121 and did almost everything possible. Did manual,machine tune ups, changed spark plugs, petrol filter etc, I also replaced all 4 engine mounts as suggested by toyota lanka! but i still get a vibration at idle. It is not strong enough to notice when u look back from the rear mirror but is quite present and feel it on the brake, steering etc.

What else can i do? could it be a problem with the exhaust system or any other? i have an allion, and it is comparatively much smoother at idle.

Pls provide some advice!

Guys,

I had a idle vibration issue on my 121 and did almost everything possible. Did manual,machine tune ups, changed spark plugs, petrol filter etc, I also replaced all 4 engine mounts as suggested by toyota lanka! but i still get a vibration at idle. It is not strong enough to notice when u look back from the rear mirror but is quite present and feel it on the brake, steering etc.

What else can i do? could it be a problem with the exhaust system or any other? i have an allion, and it is comparatively much smoother at idle.

Pls provide some advice!

I understand your car is an automatic. This happens when you're keeping the car idle all the time or when you're on brakes/park brakes with shift lever engaged to "D" position? If so flush might help but you better get the health of your torque converter checked.

but if this happens in idle even when the shift lever is on "P" and "N" positions, there's nothing to do with the auto tranny or torque converter but with the throttle body and engine related sensors.

I understand your car is an automatic. This happens when you're keeping the car idle all the time or when you're on brakes/park brakes with shift lever engaged to "D" position? If so flush might help but you better get the health of your torque converter checked.

but if this happens in idle even when the shift lever is on "P" and "N" positions, there's nothing to do with the auto tranny or torque converter but with the throttle body and engine related sensors.

I got an engine scan done at Toyota Lanka and macro and there were no fault caudes thrown by the OBD 2. They however told me to try replacing engine mounts. Which i did. The idle vibration however during a stop light where RPM is around 750 is felt on the steering and seats!

I mostly get it when the gear is on D or R. It gets lesser on N and P

I got an engine scan done at Toyota Lanka and macro and there were no fault caudes thrown by the OBD 2. They however told me to try replacing engine mounts. Which i did. The idle vibration however during a stop light where RPM is around 750 is felt on the steering and seats!

I mostly get it when the gear is on D or R. It gets lesser on N and P

is it get significantly lesser in N and P? if so related to gearbox/torque converter, but it just could be normal for the particular model. keep aside comparing with alion and try to compare with a car of same model. I"m not quite sure whether 750 is the default idle RPM. If it's lesser than required, yes it could lead an unusual vibration.

VVTI? any thoughts?

Guys,

Pls provide some advice!

Just check your fuel pump & petrol filter.

If there is no smooth flow of petrol, there can be a vibration. As you know, Sri Lankan Petrol is full of dirt. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
Hey guys... i have a similar issue in my Carina Ti. From stand-still (traffic light) if i try to accelerate a bit hard then there is a vibration ..and after the car reaches abt 40km/h it goes off..... any idea ?

how is the idle RPM? by the way you sold your civic?

how is the idle RPM? by the way you sold your civic?

there was a idle issue (900 to 1600 up/down) ...gave it to fix (since this is rented out from a friend)... the friends mechanic has replaced the Throttle Body with a recon one.... now idle is ok.. sometimes it might go up to 1100 & down back to 900 (not often).

Civic - yeah... sold it ...got a good offer .. thinking of going for a accord later :)