• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda-city Or Mazda 323/familia? ?

CodeMaster

Question

Dear Experts,

I am still lost in my mind cos need to buy a car. Money in hand 15 lakhs max. Good fuel consumption is a must for me. What will be the best for me? looking for English number (Auto gear)car . i need to consider long run with minimum expenses for spares & resell value after 7-8 years. I prefers Honda-City with vtec or Civic Vs Mazda familia or 323. Please help. Thank you very much in advance. :)

21 answers to this question

i recommend 2000/2001 city vtec. we have been having one for 6 years and such a great value for money car. it's definitely faster than the mazda but i guess less comfortable. fuel economy is more or less same. but perception of the mazda is better than city vtec. maintenance cost should be less with the mazda.

Edited by isurujosh

Yeh, agree with Isuru.

Better fuel economy in the Honda CITY. I had a Manual non-VTech model and it used to deliver approx. 11Kms per litre. Sadly sold it few years back just out of my urge to experience a different car. It really was a value for money car for daily running. p.s. maintenance is a tad on the high side if you get same done thru the agents but they do a good job.

Generally speaking, The preference order of your three options should be

1.Honda Civic

2.mazda Familia

3.Honda City

But, since your budget is 15lakhs and you are looking for a english number one it might be bit difficult to find a Civic which is in good condition in that range. But your budget is more than enough for the other two models.

Among those two, rather than trying to choose whats the best model, i think its better if you try to find a car which is in good condition in either model. Because even if you are buying an engish number car, you will be buying a car which has been used for around 10 years at that price range. From what i know, both those models are very reliable and true value for money if maintained properly. So what matters the most is the condition of the car. If you find a good familia first then go for it. if its a City then go for that.

I faced the same problem as you few months ago and searched for a city/familia several months and finally ended up with a famila as it was the only one which was in good condition and fullfilled my expectations. it was a BJ5P, YOM=1999

Had all the features like Alloys, P/Sutters, P/Mirrors, 4Disc brakes and some extras like a fancy spoiler and color changing gauges. It cost me 14.5 lakhs. Checked the car with the mazda experts at pepiliyana and they told that everything was

in fine shape. After three months i'm a damn happy car owner.

Thought of sharing my experiance since it worked for me. :)

Generally speaking, The preference order of your three options should be

1.Honda Civic

2.mazda Familia

3.Honda City

But, since your budget is 15lakhs and you are looking for a english number one it might be bit difficult to find a Civic which is in good condition in that range. But your budget is more than enough for the other two models.

Among those two, rather than trying to choose whats the best model, i think its better if you try to find a car which is in good condition in either model. Because even if you are buying an engish number car, you will be buying a car which has been used for around 10 years at that price range. From what i know, both those models are very reliable and true value for money if maintained properly. So what matters the most is the condition of the car. If you find a good familia first then go for it. if its a City then go for that.

I faced the same problem as you few months ago and searched for a city/familia several months and finally ended up with a famila as it was the only one which was in good condition and fullfilled my expectations. it was a BJ5P, YOM=1999

Had all the features like Alloys, P/Sutters, P/Mirrors, 4Disc brakes and some extras like a fancy spoiler and color changing gauges. It cost me 14.5 lakhs. Checked the car with the mazda experts at pepiliyana and they told that everything was

in fine shape. After three months i'm a damn happy car owner.

Thought of sharing my experiance since it worked for me. :)

very sensible advice.

Its just to the point advice from prad. Target, wants to go from a to b cheaply and easily (consumption and auto). Not concerned with driving. Let him have the City and save the 323s for someone who'll appreciate it as more than an A to B transport.

Its just to the point advice from prad. Target, wants to go from a to b cheaply and easily (consumption and auto). Not concerned with driving. Let him have the City and save the 323s for someone who'll appreciate it as more than an A to B transport.

Ahhhhh yes yes ...well in that case this is good advice them :D Prad had me worried for a mo there :lol:

Dear Experts,

I am still lost in my mind cos need to buy a car. Money in hand 15 lakhs max. Good fuel consumption is a must for me. What will be the best for me? looking for English number (Auto gear)car . i need to consider long run with minimum expenses for spares & resell value after 7-8 years. I prefers Honda-City with vtec or Civic Vs Mazda familia or 323. Please help. Thank you very much in advance. :)

I would go for 323 over a City. 323 is more spacious and comfortable. And Mazda is now getting popular in the market and so many 323 are seen on roads. So it'll be easier to maintain as well.

I would go for 323 over a City. 323 is more spacious and comfortable. And Mazda is now getting popular in the market and so many 323 are seen on roads. So it'll be easier to maintain as well.

If you read the guys request, he says

What will be the best for me?

Not what is best for you.

My advice was based on the fact that I am fed up of talking about the good points of the Mazda, to dudes & dudettes who do not really look at it an option.

As someone said Mazers are good cars. But not for showing off.

People who have Mazdas normally keep them for years. Says it all really.

Hondas are superb cars as well. Just a different psychographic segment now - specially after the F&F phenomenon.

The MazdaFord club has a bunch of really nice dues and we have fun. Normal people driving normal cars (Quite fast) and having fun without bothering all and sundry.

Also the Mighty Mini owners club, and Beetle owners clubs are superb examples.

Oh well, rambling away as usual - apologies mates.

I need to now buy another Mazer or Ford...as I have neither at the moment .....good cars are now scarce.

NFOC is planning another event. Driving skills will be at the fore. Not sheer BHP .

Will keep all updated.

Cheers