• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Latest From Hot Hatchville

Pericles

Yea man its fast enough to compete with the Type-R, but I've read some reviews on it and apparantly the handling isn't very good. I guess the chasis can't handle the extra power.

Yea man its fast enough to compete with the Type-R, but I've read some reviews on it and apparantly the handling isn't very good. I guess the chasis can't handle the extra power.

hmmmm, wasn't that the same thing they said of the T-Sport?

Anyway, I meant competing for sales in the market segment. Guess comparing a 2.0l i-VTEC NA car vs a 1.8l i-VVTI Supercharged car isn't really on?

Can't be. Must be kmph. 200mph is 320kmph :action-smiley-060:

Yea man its top speed is something like 140mph.

There's only 250 units coming to the UK, so its not going to be widely available if it does kick off. I don't know if there is a JDM version.

I found the road test its at:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/dr...compressor.html

This is what they said about the handling:

"On paper, the Compressor comes with "sports suspension and uprated springs for extra handling performance": on the road, however, it's hard to notice it doing anything.

The gods of understeer and torque steer make themselves known

This not-exactly-sporty suspension set-up means that the Compressor suffers from a lot of body roll, which causes the car to pitch and roll when you head into a corner. Any speed you may have carried into the corner is soon lost to the gods of understeer and torque steer, leaving you with a wriggling steering wheel and squealing tyres."

So all you need to do is put some stiff suspension in it, and you should be flying around the corners. :unsure:

This is what they said about the handling:

"On paper, the Compressor comes with "sports suspension and uprated springs for extra handling performance": on the road, however, it's hard to notice it doing anything.

The gods of understeer and torque steer make themselves known

This not-exactly-sporty suspension set-up means that the Compressor suffers from a lot of body roll, which causes the car to pitch and roll when you head into a corner. Any speed you may have carried into the corner is soon lost to the gods of understeer and torque steer, leaving you with a wriggling steering wheel and squealing tyres."

So all you need to do is put some stiff suspension in it, and you should be flying around the corners. :action-smiley-060:

hmmm, so round a track a 1.6l VZR should be able to take it? :unsure:

hmmm, so round a track a 1.6l VZR should be able to take it? :action-smiley-060:

Yea man, the VZR sounds pretty quick, so i'm sure it'll keep up with the Compressor. But the compressor will be quicker out of the corners because of the extra torque from the supercharger.

Yea man, the VZR sounds pretty quick, so i'm sure it'll keep up with the Compressor. But the compressor will be quicker out of the corners because of the extra torque from the supercharger.

Only 215hp?? k20a's, B18c5's & maybe even B16B's (Oh N1's as well) will have this thing for lunch...Even the RunX turned out to be a failed attempt even though the engine rating seemed impressive on paper

Can't be. Must be kmph. 200mph is 320kmph :action-smiley-060:

no machan is 200mph... n not a stock car (Fensports Corolla 2L turbocharge 4WD 700BHP )... modified one.. anyway topgear team wanted to reach 200mph using a Lotus.. but in the end they couldnt do it... bt the corella did 180 MPh n after that the gear box destroyed.. anyway the corolla official speed record is 204MPH :unsure:

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24247