• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Problems In Nissan N17 Super Saloon/ex Saloon?

sonick

Im thinking of buying a nissan N17 (continuation of N16, WHICH CAME FROM 2005 ONWARDS)super saloon..or ex saloon..

ppl say not to buy a 1.3 engine..and go for a 1.5 engine..

they also say that thiss car does low on petrol..so dont go for it..

im confused..can anybody please clarify me on the above details pls..

if this car isnt that good, can anyone suggest a good car between 2.2 millin- 2.4 million?

Im thinking of buying a nissan N17 (continuation of N16, WHICH CAME FROM 2005 ONWARDS)super saloon..or ex saloon..

ppl say not to buy a 1.3 engine..and go for a 1.5 engine..

they also say that thiss car does low on petrol..so dont go for it..

im confused..can anybody please clarify me on the above details pls..

if this car isnt that good, can anyone suggest a good car between 2.2 millin- 2.4 million?

fuel wise if both engines have the same chassis and weight.. then better go for the 1.5...

the rest.. nissan experts please comment..

fuel wise if both engines have the same chassis and weight.. then better go for the 1.5...

the rest.. nissan experts please comment..

our office has 3 cars bought brand new two years ago and they are 1.3. no major complaints other than the pulling power which is so poor and single air bag. i think that was the export model for asian markets. try to find a 1.5 l jdm version which is suppose to be better in pulling power and trim levels.

Can give some insights but not an expert. <_<

Blue Bird Sylphy is the JDM in N16 Series.What it does mean? Sylphy comes from Japan made for the domestic market.

If you wish to knowwhether there is diffrence between N16 and Sylphy ? yes. How ? Given below are what comes to my mind.

N16 normally comes with either 1.5 or 1.6 engine whereas sylphy normally comes with 1.5 or 1.8 engine

Syplhy interior is totally diffrent to N16. Better have a look on the net before u make a decision. which is largely diffrent (teak interior)

More or less outer appreance is same but there is some difference.I dont know exactly what. But I can easily recognise sylphy from N16 from far even.

Sylphy has more option compared to N16.

Syplhy always comes with fabric interior whereas N16 largely leather

etc .

Answering your question if 1.5 is better than 1.3 ? to cut it short dont even think of 1.3 ... then if 1.5 is better . yes it i smuch better ...2004+ version easily does about 10 kmpl colombo under moderate traffic conditions. No experience about the 1.8 engine. But should logically do better coz of accurate weight to power ratio. but be careful in buying . coz cannot sell easily.

Hope this is helpful.

As many ppl said dont go for the brand new export model and if u can get a domestic supersaloon you are up on the deal. And the N17 you are referring to goes as a facelift version on n16 right? coz ive seen those models at A*W and they call it as N16 facelift. ( pardon me if im wrong)

ya i actually think so to..altho ppls call it n17,its the facelift of n16..

about the bluebird sylphy..is it the same as nissan super saloon?apart from the minor modifications?i thought bluebird was another model!

dvt, can u pls clarify..anyway, thanks a lot fro the info..

pls. somebody help..

Sorry mate.

I could not log in for some time due to my studies and yesterday only the exam came to an end.

No I dont think selling a sylphy is difficult provided well maintained.

But 1.8 has a bit of issue in reselling.

Yes . there is no version called N17. Its N16 2004+ version. I dont know if you call it face lift.

Fuel consumption wise 2004+ sylphy is much better compared to 2003 before versions.

Please call me if you wish to receive more infor on the mobile number given in the personal message.