• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Need To Be A Automobile Engineer

sudesh_chandimal

Question

12 answers to this question

He he great :angry-smiley-048: software engineering is pretty damn boring profession, :action-smiley-060: but can earn lot of money. I wish I also could chnage my career from Software to something else, but now its too late for me. Anyway, this really amazing idea you have, dont know how it will end up. :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by ama

Hmm.. That's true. High Salary, but boring ..! For german tech im too old, should be less than 22. he he.. Hmm... Seems no way huh..?

Dude they have part time courses.. only on saturdays or sundays.. just call them and ask. Recent batch was started a month ago. may be you can enter to next batch. It is good. specially those who are working they give a chance to learn. visit http://www.cgtti.slt.lk or call this numbers Tel: +94-11-2605625 +94-11-2605535. But I think u better learn first before switch the path to automobile engineering.

Hi guys...

nw i'm woking as Software Engineer and i want to be automobile Engineer..? how can i..? he he.. Its sounds stupid. But think i need to change my path. i'm having a degree and also 24 years old. So am i too late..? What do think guys.

Hi,

What sort of degree have you got now? Im guessing its a software related one? To me an Automotive Engineer would be someone who designs/manufactures automotive systems. The German Tech course look as if they are mainly aimed at the Auto/Mech Technician type courses. If you want to be an Engineer I'd recommend a proper Mechanical or Automotive Engineering degree from a place like the Open University. This will really give you a good understanding of the fundementals of Engineering. What sort of job would you like to do in the Auto industry?

MalithS

Hi guys...

nw i'm woking as Software Engineer and i want to be automobile Engineer..? how can i..? he he.. Its sounds stupid. But think i need to change my path. i'm having a degree and also 24 years old. So am i too late..? What do think guys.

Congrats on u r Decision .Try Open University. :)

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Hmm.. That's true. High Salary, but boring ..! For german tech im too old, should be less than 22. he he.. Hmm... Seems no way huh..?

Hey did u get info frm G Tech..? please let us know.. bcos there r lot of ppl thinking like u.... trust me :jumping-smiley-013: ... Software engineering is a damn boring job.... :action-smiley-060:

Hi sudesh_chandimal

Agree with Maliths, if you want to become an professional engineer , germen tech will not be suitable, it s good for you to get basic knowledge and experience out of it,after that you want to go for a better course , But I am also a software engineer but i enjoy my life consuming my week end with mechanical stuff,and 5 week days with software engineering ,

Thanks

Regards

sumith

Hmm... First of all thanks guys.. I'm really happy for the support. I'm having BCSc (Bachelor of computer Science ) from UOC. @ Nishan.dj. before switching i'm also planing to learn it. Then swift. Don't u think my age wil b a problem? I agree with maliths want some thing more than Auto/Mech Technician. any way i'm gona check both Tech and also open university. As i know they wil not allow to learn another univesitiy student in there know.? anwy, i'll check it out and let u know guys. want more comments.

Hmm... First of all thanks guys.. I'm really happy for the support. I'm having BCSc (Bachelor of computer Science ) from UOC. @ Nishan.dj. before switching i'm also planing to learn it. Then swift. Don't u think my age wil b a problem? I agree with maliths want some thing more than Auto/Mech Technician. any way i'm gona check both Tech and also open university. As i know they wil not allow to learn another univesitiy student in there know.? anwy, i'll check it out and let u know guys. want more comments.

I think just because you are still 24 you have some time to do things that you like. But as an auto engineer we always can't expect not to be boring because we actually don't know the stuff behind the scene. Anyway it is good to learn and I also think G-Tech is not the best place to be an engineer . They teach to be a technician as my knowledge but try and see the curricular of each places and those courses. Anyway do a survey about both regarding what your likes and dislikes. Its good to get some idea from an expert in auto industry. Good luck with everything.

Edited by Nishan.dj