• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oil Leakage Everytime I Start My Car

riddle

guys..i bought an a110 (AUTOMATIC) months ago and its doing good...

recently(say for a week) i see that when i start the car(not 100% sure when starting) and take it outa my garage i see a lota oil on the floor

the oil is kinda colourless,it gives a very very light smell and its less in density..

totally freakd out to see this happen and i showd it to a mechanic and he said that there's nothings wrong...

and then yesterday i did a full service too.

and today i saw a lil bit of oil on the floor..

though the mechanic and the service guys tell nothings wrong im not that convinced..coz whatever is dripping should be kinda important for the car and one day if it comes to an end i think something major would happen...

do you guys know anything regarding this problem???since this is my first car i dont know what exactly to do...

please help me out..

thanks alot

Mate, check the oil levels for each system. Brakes, steering, ATF, and engine.

Since ATF fluid is red, you can leave out the steering and Transmission oil. Brake oil could be be culprit. Check the brake reservoirs, hoses, etc. Nothing to freak out.

Check the levels to see if they are at the proper marks. Also note where exactl;y under the car the oil spill is... That will give you a rough idea where the oil is dripping from.

BTW, change your mechanic. He is an idiot.

thanks alot guys...will check and let you know...

and i dont know bt my engine gets really heated up(since this is my first car i have no other experience)

i mean if i drive it for abt 1/2 and hour and then put it in to the garage,,even aft abt an hours time the bonnet is hot!!!!is this a normal thing?orelse should i have to check it regarding the temp?

thanks alot.

Hi riddle

What about your dash board heat indicator position on it,Keepin it hot for longr time is usual depending on your garage location and ventilation into it , So keep your eye on temp gauge while you drive, it should sit little before the middle of the gauge usually, if not your cooling system has a problem on it.

thanks

regards

sumith

Hi riddle

What about your dash board heat indicator position on it,Keepin it hot for longr time is usual depending on your garage location and ventilation into it , So keep your eye on temp gauge while you drive, it should sit little before the middle of the gauge usually, if not your cooling system has a problem on it.

thanks

regards

sumith

Yeah true mchn

Riddle-Keep an eye on the Temp gauge.Ventilation affects the temperature.The heating doesnt depend on time.It depends on factor like Acceleration,Ac etc.So if you drive 15 minutes with a heavy footed and with AC it'll get heated.If the temp gauge doesnt go up dont Worry.And to clear your doubts, get the cooling system checked :)

thanks alot guys...i will be going to kandy tomorrow,so il be a bit vigilant on the temp meter as you guys mentioned..

i gave it a service and they changed everything including the radiator coolant..

thanks to the service the oil sleeks have been reduced very much...but im soo now im bombed to see a few drops(say 6-10 drops) of greenish yellow liquid down(probably the coolant)..

i was happy that the oil sleeks ended up a lil bit but now here comes the coolant,,,i even double checked the radiator LID and its very tight///im sure its after the service coz i dint get this problem before,

guys please...this is my first car plus first service experience..is this just normal for few days of the service or?should i have to take it back to the place i serviced and get it done?

any good places where i can take my car(ae110) and get all problems(the oil sleeks+temp) diagnosed and fix em?

p.s-thanks alot for your support guys...

thanks alot guys...i will be going to kandy tomorrow,so il be a bit vigilant on the temp meter as you guys mentioned..

i gave it a service and they changed everything including the radiator coolant..

thanks to the service the oil sleeks have been reduced very much...but im soo now im bombed to see a few drops(say 6-10 drops) of greenish yellow liquid down(probably the coolant)..

i was happy that the oil sleeks ended up a lil bit but now here comes the coolant,,,i even double checked the radiator LID and its very tight///im sure its after the service coz i dint get this problem before,

guys please...this is my first car plus first service experience..is this just normal for few days of the service or?should i have to take it back to the place i serviced and get it done?

any good places where i can take my car(ae110) and get all problems(the oil sleeks+temp) diagnosed and fix em?

p.s-thanks alot for your support guys...

Park the car and then see where the drops seem to fall. Put some white paper underneath it (and be sure you clean up afterwards, as if you have any pets at home or in the neighbourhood- licking spilled coolant can be very harmful to them). Then open the bonnet and you can estimate what part of the cooling system may be leaking, It could be something simple as they didn't tighten the drain bolt. It's possible they also overfilled and coolant is leaking out of your reservoir bottle. See if there is already any spilled coolant inside the engine compartment, as it could simply be dripping if they spilled it around the reservoir area, and slowly draining off onto the ground. Coolant doesn't evaporate very fast as far as I know, so that could be the case.

Edited by SeanD