• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motor Car To Land Vehicle...

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi all..

Please tell me the way to change my vehicle from Motor Car to Land Vehicle in the book so that I can reduce the annual licensing fee. Its a 4DR5 J44 Jeep and Still not transfered to me. Can I get it done at the time it transfer? Or any other way? Please advice me.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

By land vehicle do you mean to be registered as a truck?

If so, wont you have to change your driving license as well?

I assume you have the ususal D, D1 driving facility on your lcense With the current reg class you

can drive the jeep, but will you not have to then resit the exam, get a new DL erc if you change the class of vehicle.

Whats the difference that you will have to pay per year anyway?

By land vehicle do you mean to be registered as a truck?

If so, wont you have to change your driving license as well?

I assume you have the ususal D, D1 driving facility on your lcense With the current reg class you

can drive the jeep, but will you not have to then resit the exam, get a new DL erc if you change the class of vehicle.

Whats the difference that you will have to pay per year anyway?

Thanks for the reply..

My jeeps annual licensing fee is 6400 LKR and It has registered as a Motor Car (on Its Book).. But those vehicles that registered under Land Vehicle category have to pay only 400 LKR for annually. So If I can get that category changed it will be good. This is not about my Driving License. It is about the Vehicle License that we take annually...

Thanks for the reply..

My jeeps annual licensing fee is 6400 LKR and It has registered as a Motor Car (on Its Book).. But those vehicles that registered under Land Vehicle category have to pay only 400 LKR for annually. So If I can get that category changed it will be good. This is not about my Driving License. It is about the Vehicle License that we take annually...

Yeah machang, but once you register the jeep at a 'land vehicle' will you have to change the number plate also?

(like a double cab is registered 'p' series and a single cab is registered 'L' series - for the 'L' series vehicles you need a light lorry license if I'm not mistaken )

If you have to change the number plate, do you have to have a license to drive a 'land vehicle' as well?

I'm just asking cause I dont know is all.

But that aside, you may have a problem registering the jeep in a different class, just as a way of convenience.