• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is It Legal To Sell A Car If The Owner Is Abroad?

Killer-B

Hey guys,

I recently bought my new car, and I do not have parking space for two cars in my garage. I managed to squeeze the march into my neighbors garage for the time being, but I cannot have it parked there forever <_<

I got a few offers for the march lately and I think I may have to sell it very soon, but there is one thing that bothers me.

The car is registered under my dad's name and he is out of the country currently and sadly wont be returning home for another year or two, but dad has already signed the MTA6. So is it possible for me to sell the car? Will there be any legal issues?

Please help me with this. Cheers!

If papers are in order you can sell the vehicle. Its like you have the car in open papers with you currently. So all you need is to put buyers details in the forms. Additionally bring down a signed letter from your father without date and the name saying he agreed to transfer the car to new owner. So you can put new owners details put 2 evidence for added credibility for new owner.

If papers are in order you can sell the vehicle. Its like you have the car in open papers with you currently. So all you need is to put buyers details in the forms. Additionally bring down a signed letter from your father without date and the name saying he agreed to transfer the car to new owner. So you can put new owners details put 2 evidence for added credibility for new owner.

Thkx bro........and is the letter a must?