• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carina Ti Myroad (212) Battery

wishvak

Hi,

Does anyone knows the battery wattage of Carina Ti Myroad(212) 1999...

should it be 12v 44/55w or 12v 60/55w

thanks in advance

Usually battery capacity (if that is what you want to know) is expressed in Ah (Ampere Hour). 40Ah is sufficient in most cases.

If I recall my Ordinary Level physics..Wattage is Voltage multiplied by capacity...Thats 12V into 45Ah...540Watts on full charge.

For a new age car I'd say anything above 45Ah is on safe side.Thats my choice.

MINIACE

If I recall my Ordinary Level physics..Wattage is Voltage multiplied by capacity...Thats 12V into 45Ah...540Watts on full charge.

MINIACE

oh well...i have either a 60Ah or 65Ah on my corolla!

I run 90/100w headlights and the sound system too eats a bit of power. having the radiator fan run continuously too doesn't help conserve power.

Even with the larger battery over the stock 45, my lights still dim at lower revs and "dim to music" when stereo is pumping..

I would prefer to have a larger battery but unfortunately can't ix any larger than the present one due to lack of space.

MINIACE

Small correction, Wattage is Voltage multiplied by the Current and wattage is instantaneous power. 45Ah means that you can draw 45 Amperes for an hour when the battery has the maximum capacity. Maximum current you can draw depends on the battery. A 45Ah (12v) battery can deliver 540 watts for a period of one hour (approximately) without any problem. If you know the total power (watts) requirement of the equipments in the car (lights, sound etc.) you can get a rough idea of the capacity of the battery you need.

oh well...i have either a 60Ah or 65Ah on my corolla!

I run 90/100w headlights and the sound system too eats a bit of power. having the radiator fan run continuously too doesn't help conserve power.

Even with the larger battery over the stock 45, my lights still dim at lower revs and "dim to music" when stereo is pumping..

I would prefer to have a larger battery but unfortunately can't ix any larger than the present one due to lack of space.

This is the exact concern that I have,my Peugeot 206 has a battery with 55/60Ah.......but the carina has 45ah...both has 55/60w H4 headlights....so with Climatic control with High end setup and head lights I am bit worried about Carina Ti Myroad than Peugeot 206

Small correction, Wattage is Voltage multiplied by the Current and wattage is instantaneous power. 45Ah means that you can draw 45 Amperes for an hour when the battery has the maximum capacity. Maximum current you can draw depends on the battery. A 45Ah (12v) battery can deliver 540 watts for a period of one hour (approximately) without any problem. If you know the total power (watts) requirement of the equipments in the car (lights, sound etc.) you can get a rough idea of the capacity of the battery you need.

Ha Ha

Like always its the Physics that go wrong...anyway thanks for advice.....I am wondering how high I can go on my carina battery with Ah.....sincewhat I have now is 45Ah

Alternator power out put and regulation is equally important when the car is powered.Mind you its a fifty fifty game and not to be ignored.

MINIACE

Very true.... this may be why ripper gets dim light even though he has a high capacity battery.

Edited by chana

Very true.... this may be why ripper gets dim light even though he has a high capacity battery.

well i fried the alternator a couple of months back. got it all done up at Pala with b/new parts. it was fully tested there by them and later by yours truly.

sadly i didn't take the effort to check the amperage it was putting out but i'm assuming Pala did that.

I replaced the battery too a few weeks after the alternator so pretty much everything is new and should be working right.

But still my lights dim at low revs when i play heavy bass music...

Mind you the whole dimming thing goes away when the revvs go up in normal driving...it's only idling that causes disco headlights