• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Semi- Syntetic/ Syntectic Engine Oil In Older Engines!

cmxjn

Guys, please explain what will happen if some Semi- syntetic/ syntectic engine oil is put to older engines say a car engine built in 1990+. The manufacturer recomends to put mineral oil. What will happen if i put synthetic oil???

Guys, please explain what will happen if some Semi- syntetic/ syntectic engine oil is put to older engines say a car engine built in 1990+. The manufacturer recomends to put mineral oil. What will happen if i put synthetic oil???

Firstly...you're just wasting your money cos if the carmaker had recommended that you use mineral oil there really is no need to go for synthetics

and the other thing is that some sythetics have cleaning agents too added on to it and this becomes counter productive for older worn out engines by getting rid of some of the gunk that keeps the engine sealed

other thing is that some sythetics have cleaning agents too added on to it and this becomes counter productive for older worn out engines by getting rid of some of the gunk that keeps the engine sealed

+1

Firstly...you're just wasting your money cos if the carmaker had recommended that you use mineral oil there really is no need to go for synthetics

and the other thing is that some sythetics have cleaning agents too added on to it and this becomes counter productive for older worn out engines by getting rid of some of the gunk that keeps the engine sealed

Thanks Rip, I just want to give it a try. I don't want to fall in to major problems. Thats why i was looking for opinions.