• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hummers In Sri Lanka

Watchman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And speaking of hummer's in Sri Lanka, fuzzu, dont we have some pictures to share with everyone of the h1? hehehehehee!!! No preasure man.. Just kidding ... But still we WOULD like to see the pics of the H1, when you get a chance!!!

:)

after seeing this post, i called him again to get a hold of him and maybe to get a few pics that he has. unfortunately he isn't putting on the top of his priorrity list....

hmmm fuzzie boy...reminds me of dat bear on d muppets yes? hmmm im beginning to c d resemblance...sadly fuzzie is lacking 'fur'

ado i do have fur...just in all the wrong places :blink:

after seeing this post, i called him again to get a hold of him and maybe to get a few pics that he has. unfortunately he isn't putting on the top of his priorrity list....

hey man.. thanks.....

but dont like cut your work just for this.. :blink:

appriciate the effort!!!

btw, someone told me that there are FOUR hummers in SL... i didnt take it seriously.. its not true is it? cos if if it was we'd have heard something at least once on this thread.. right?

Is it the red H2 that was shown in autovision?? Or which one was it?

it was the black H2 on Queen's Road.... there's a picture of it on the 1st page of this THREAD.... though its not very clear cos i was outside, and the jeep was in the other end of the garden... and thats one BIG garden...

:blink:

Hey fuzzo thanx for Ur hard wrk to get tha pixxx..Gud luk on it..

The H3 sukkksss..as ever nthin is as powerful as the h1 frm the Hummer family..well the humwee is better tho

Ya, thats hapens.. when manufacturers try to market seccesor models purely on the reputation made up by the predecessors...so the newer models enter the playing field at a higher ranking... i bet if KIA came up with the same design of the H2 very few would have thought it to be as great as people do when GM made it..

kinda the same case in the Jeep Wrangler.. but jeep STILL is keeping upto its name...

hi FUZZO!

jst dropping a line to c how stuff are. So fuzzo must be busy these days. every1 here is good :violent-smiley-099:

:violent-smiley-099::D

Very nicely done machan.. gotta give you that... but still NO PICS

i assigned the bugger sum work...he'll b too busy to check the thread jus yet

yup actually today was a shitty day.. had to work most of it... a few more of these days and i'll be employee of the month :D

So fuzzo, doing some work for a change!! i always wondered if you and shak ever had any work in the 'work-place' :violent-smiley-099:

well, i didnt say a SINGLE WORD about the H1 pictures fuzzo..:D i dont see what you guys are takling about :alc: .. but since Fuzzo brought it up, hey man did you get the pics of the H1? :violent-smiley-099::D

hehehe! no preasure man. when u have free time from being the busy body in the office :)

hehehe! no preasure man. when u have free time from being the busy body in the office :violent-smiley-099:

issue is that htis uncle doesn't seem to think it's that important to get pics of his truck and give it to me... he doesan't know the following his truck hsa :violent-smiley-099:

... so i feel bad contuniously asking about it as well...

Here is a chance to see TATA or Mahendra built Humvees :blink: soon in India and probably in SL.

--------------

Humvee wants to become Indian Army’s cult carrier

NANDINI SEN GUPTA NEW DELHI: Arnold Schwarzenegger loves them and soon our men in uniform can have them too. Cult badge Humvee is among the vehicles lined up for a slot in the Indian army and its maker, AM General, is currently scouting for a local partner to fulfil the request for proposal (RFP) norms of the defence sector.

The company, which cranks out the cult carrier for a number of military markets apart from the US, would also look at indigenisation if it makes the grade and the army’s requirements are substantial enough.

Mark D Wickizer, director-international sales, far east, AM General told ET: “We are talking to a number of Indian companies for a tie-up and we will look at indigenisation as well if the numbers are reasonable enough.

“AM General already co-produces the Humvee in Greece, Switzerland and Turkey so it’s not new to us. But the numbers have to make business sense.” Sources say the AM General team is talking to Indian autocos with an interest in the defence sector like M&M, Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland. AM General is a low-volume speciality vehicle manufacturer which cranks out 7,000-10,000 units a year. The Humvee is vying for the slot between the ‘500 kg class and the 2.5 tonne class’ in the Indian army where there are no vehicles currently available. Traditionally the army’s vehicle requirements are slotted in the 500 kg (Jonga, Gypsy), 2.5 tonne, 5 tonne and 7.5 tonne categories.

The Humvee donated its DNA to cult civilian sibling Hummer, which went on to spawn several generation avatars, after being acquired by General Motors, including the H2 and H3.

General Motors (India) is reportedly looking at importing the Hummer in completely built form for niche sales.

If brought to India, the Hummer would be priced around Rs 30-40 lakh.