• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hummers In Sri Lanka

Watchman

Hey guys… how many Hummers and H2s are there in Sri Lanka?

So far I have heard rumors of a black H1 in SL, though I haven’t seen it personally…is it true?

And as far as I know there are 3 H2s in SL… the Red/Orrange one (JL-9703 or something) owned by the person running the ‘curry leaf’.. then there’s a black one parked at a house, on a road the name of which I don’t know… it’s the road that goes up near Queen’s and falls near the Colombo University College house… it’s a massive beautiful house.. and there’s a S class and some other nice cars there as well.. and not to mention a fancy ship/boat parked in the garden…

And a friend of mine has seen a silver H2 in Kandy.. Apparently owned by Kumar Sanga.

So who else knows what about these ?

I cant imagine running one of these in SL.. isn’t it true that they have like a fuel consumption of like 1liter per 1km….

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I have heard rumors of a black H1 in SL, though I haven’t seen it personally…is it true?

the H1 is true. i know the owner of that. so now there is a silver one eh. good scene... where are these coming from? they can't all be from that boi project can they?

Hey today i saw the ogange hummer with chrome alloys in kirimandala mawatha , man its awsom when i passed that vehicle its like overtaking a lorry , wow , anyway my favourite cars are 2005 Koenigsegg CCR & 2005 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 but i know im i cant buy any of those cars in my life , :lol:

Gihan Out-

Thanks for all the comments guys…

Hey who owns the black H1? How come people don’t talk about it that much? Come on! It’s a HUMMER IN SRI LANKA…that’s gotta be worth something!

Yeah.. I’ve seen the orange H2 running around Colombo a couple of times.. the owner must be spending like hell on fuel…and I wonder how much Kumar (yes, the wicket-keeper) spent on petrol just to get the jeep to kandy… and imagine having to climb hills.. must be drinking petrol like nothing huh?

Anyway, I’m posting a pic of the black H2.. the road I mentioned was Queen’s Road…I only had a camera that I took to take some pics with some friends.. if I had my other SLR (with 300mm zoom) the pic would have been way better…maybe next time… when I asked the Gardner who the house belongs to he said it was a Mr. Jayasooriya. But he wasn’t too thrilled with me asking a lot of questions.. and he didn’t see me take the pic….

And I heard today from a friend that there is a Mr. Jayamanna who also owns a Hummer…

So awaiting more comments…

Dilesh

p10101124ux.th.jpg

Guyz,

I live in New York and I my self a big Hummer fan.

however the H1 is the only real deal.

H2 is just a boxy body on Chevy Suburban Chassis. Because of the H1 action on media specially on Iraq and Afganistan, Hummer became a fantasy of lot of people here. GM cashed on the craze and made the H2 to all the wannabe Hummer owners. Now there is a H3 also. But H2 is not at all a off-Road capable rugged vehicle. H1.. u bet. U can see so many H2s on road here. For me it is a only a joke as it is just a heavy piece of metal u just drag on the road burning lot of fuel.

Wrecked H2

Wrecked exotics

Thushara.

hey....

personally i think the H2 looks real hot with the stock body.. it doesnt need extrachrome or anything of that sort to look cool.. even the standard wheels look pretty hot!

btw, does anyone know how much a H2 costs now. i remember when the H2 was first advertised in the paper some time back it was 21 mil.. that was before the many a tax incease that came up....so latest CIF price?

btw, does anyone know how much a H2 costs now. i remember when the H2 was first advertised in the paper some time back it was 21 mil.. that was before the many a tax incease that came up....so latest CIF price?

Here are the MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) in US.

Dealer sells a bit cheaper than this.

hummerprices2bm.th.jpg

So are these things right hand drive? where are they manufactured, and where are they brought down from? There isn't an official dealer, right? And do they have the same huge engines the american versions have??

lol..and its quite funny what a wonderful parking job that is. The pavement should be fair game for parking in all countries...pedestrians should stay off those things and buy cars too.

Hey today i saw the ogange hummer with chrome alloys in kirimandala mawatha , man its awsom when i passed that vehicle its like overtaking a lorry , wow , anyway my favourite cars are 2005 Koenigsegg CCR & 2005 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 but i know im i cant buy any of those cars in my life , :lol:

Gihan Out-

I saw it on the 17th down Kirimandala as well. I crossed it at the bridge around 7.30pm I think.

So are these things right hand drive? where are they manufactured, and where are they brought down from? There isn't an official dealer, right? And do they have the same huge engines the american versions have??

lol..and its quite funny what a wonderful parking job that is. The pavement should be fair game for parking in all countries...pedestrians should stay off those things and buy cars too.

yes they are right hand drive. i heard that these vehicles are converted in SL at a boi factory. The factory does rhd conversions and sends the vehicles to aussie. they have the same stuff as the us version, just rhd converted

dude d pedestrians dnt use d pavemnt however big n empty it is...our goons really need to learn where to walk n where to look wen crossing d friggin road...knobs :lol:

the Hummer that was advertised in SL was right hand drive. aparently they were being brought down to our beautiful little island, after being converted from LHD to RHD in Australia.

and as for the price... anyone? thanks for the quote thushara, but i'm curious about the price it wouild cost in the end... after paying taxes and all.... in my last post i said CIF price.. sorry sorry may bad...

so guys,if i wanan get down a H2 how much would it cost me total?

Hi guys,

I've been following the autolanka forums for some time now but never really got involved in the conversations...

But this is definitely something i've got to share with you!

I saw the black hummer being pulled over by a cop last evening near the Royal roundabout, whats interesting is that I saw the cop indicating towards the front crash guard!

I thought that the law against crash guards in SL was forgotten!

Whoosh