• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vertical Door Fitted -vios N City

Nozozo

No no machang I was not laughing at u! Was laughing at the way u say they pronounce it :o I've also heard a "chevo-lat" :P Oh well its not an easy name, kindof like sum ppl call Chrysler "crisler"

yaya... i knew trhat machan.. but what i had typed would have made no sense at all to anyone who read it.. thats why i corrected it...

i see some business potential guys

fuzzo any chance of bringing a conversion kit from your projector light contact?????

already checked on this.. i was thinking of doing the conversion but then i spent a day with a toyota sera and changed my mind real quick. those things look nice but are a pain to use.Cna get then for far cheaper than 500USD. and I believe Dumi##a is fabricating his stuff locally.

already checked on this.. i was thinking of doing the conversion but then i spent a day with a toyota sera and changed my mind real quick. those things look nice but are a pain to use.Cna get then for far cheaper than 500USD. and I believe Dumi##a is fabricating his stuff locally.

machn what’s wrong with the sara????? i remember been in one long time ago. apart from its dinky toy size it was quite alright? are their any other jap cars with lambo doors??????

machn what’s wrong with the sara????? i remember been in one long time ago. apart from its dinky toy size it was quite alright? are their any other jap cars with lambo doors??????

That Yellow bodykitted car / (Hyundai) (Dum****'s) is also a lambo converted...

No, the conclusion is that lambo doors look good on 2 door cars, and not on 4 doors.

Shall I do that on mine... ;) just J/K, will never do that. :D

machang that was converted by dumida wasn't it??? i was refering to factory fitted cars

Don't think there are no factory fitted Japanese lambo door cars.

Do you know there's something called "Suicide door conversion" :D as well (RX-8 type)

Isnt the Toyota Sena's doors factory fitted?!

I mean other than Sera.... but it's called as " butterfly doors", bit different than the lambo door

Don't think there are no factory fitted Japanese lambo door cars.

Do you know there's something called "Suicide door conversion" :D as well (RX-8 type)

i've wondered why tis called this.. is it because if you open the door backwards you cant see a car coming from behind you untill it hits you?

i've wondered why tis called this.. is it because if you open the door backwards you cant see a car coming from behind you untill it hits you?

I have seen drivers pick before the back passenger gets in. If the car is a normal door car, it's ok. But if the car is a Suicide door car and the back passenger is the owner of the car, that's a good way of explaining the term. :D

I think there are few varieties of this type;

Gull-wing - Mercedes Benz 300SL & Delorean DMC 12 (Think this is the back to the future car)

Butterfly doors - Saleen F7, Mc Laren F1, Sera

Lambo doors - Lamborghini

and the BMW Z1 goes right in

yes they are decent cars but the issue i had was with getting in and out of them. with those doors, you have to get used to getting in and out of them. you don't have complete access like the normal doors....and don't ever open the doors when it's raining, you will be drenched :D

I have seen drivers pick before the back passenger gets in. If the car is a normal door car, it's ok. But if the car is a Suicide door car and the back passenger is the owner of the car, that's a good way of explaining the term. :D

machan what do u mena "pick before the back pasengers get in "?

I think there are few varieties of this type;

Gull-wing - Mercedes Benz 300SL & Delorean DMC 12 (Think this is the back to the future car)

Butterfly doors - Saleen F7, Mc Laren F1, Sera

Lambo doors - Lamborghini

and the BMW Z1 goes right in

Anyone who finished underground 2 will be familiar with suicide doors :angry-smiley-048:

fuzzo, any idea WHY they're called suicide doors?

From Wikipedia:

Suicide doors is a term used to describe automobile doors that are hinged on the trailing edge, the edge closer to the rear of the vehicle. The term reflects a perceived increased danger of the door falling open if it becomes unlatched while the car is moving. Because of the obviously negative connotations, the term is avoided in major automobile manufacturers' promotional literature, although it is familiar to many English-speakers and often used openly in the custom-car trade.

In addition, the door arrangement instills other negative perceptions. While the vehicle is parked, such a door would hide an entering or exiting passenger from the view of passing cars. Furthermore, the result of the door actually being hit would likely be more catastrophic, since the door would be slammed shut onto the passenger even if merely nicked at the outside edge. A door hinged at the front, in contrast, would be pushed away from the passenger and possibly torn off entirely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_door

From Wikipedia:

Suicide doors is a term used to describe automobile doors that are hinged on the trailing edge, the edge closer to the rear of the vehicle. The term reflects a perceived increased danger of the door falling open if it becomes unlatched while the car is moving. Because of the obviously negative connotations, the term is avoided in major automobile manufacturers' promotional literature, although it is familiar to many English-speakers and often used openly in the custom-car trade.

In addition, the door arrangement instills other negative perceptions. While the vehicle is parked, such a door would hide an entering or exiting passenger from the view of passing cars. Furthermore, the result of the door actually being hit would likely be more catastrophic, since the door would be slammed shut onto the passenger even if merely nicked at the outside edge. A door hinged at the front, in contrast, would be pushed away from the passenger and possibly torn off entirely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_door

thanks man!

answers my question :D