• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Get A Lease

I know there are lots of professional vehicle dealers and people in this forum who knows "who-to-dos" when it come to vehicle trade, so I would like to pick your brain on this matter

Consider this scenario;

1). I have bought a vehicle from japan (online)

2). Vehicle is on the way to Sri Lanka

3). I don't have any money to get the vehicle out from the port

4). I don't have any money to pay for taxes

My question;

1). Can I get a lease company to pay the total price (Tax and other charges), when the vehicle is still at the port in Sri Lanka?

2). Will the leasing company consider a lease for a vehicle, which is not in the country yet?

3). Will the leasing company issue the lease in-time to take out the vehicle to pay the taxes and other charges?

4). I don't want a long term lease, I want to finish my lease in 1 year. Any Idea what will be the total roughly for 2mil lease by the end of the year?

5). What is the best / lowest rate leasing company you know?

All replies are highly appreciated

I know there are lots of professional vehicle dealers and people in this forum who knows "who-to-dos" when it come to vehicle trade, so I would like to pick your brain on this matter

Consider this scenario;

1). I have bought a vehicle from japan (online)

2). Vehicle is on the way to Sri Lanka

3). I don't have any money to get the vehicle out from the port

4). I don't have any money to pay for taxes

My question;

1). Can I get a lease company to pay the total price (Tax and other charges), when the vehicle is still at the port in Sri Lanka?

2). Will the leasing company consider a lease for a vehicle, which is not in the country yet?

3). Will the leasing company issue the lease in-time to take out the vehicle to pay the taxes and other charges?

4). I don't want a long term lease, I want to finish my lease in 1 year. Any Idea what will be the total roughly for 2mil lease by the end of the year?

5). What is the best / lowest rate leasing company you know?

All replies are highly appreciated

It is possible to obtain a pledged loan by pledging the import documents. But usually leasing companies and banks provide this for reputed car importers, not for individuals. Having said that, if you can pledge another asset, then there's a chance of obtaining an asset backed loan.

Just check with any leading leasing company or a bank. Present lease rates are around 3200/- per month per 100,000 for a period of 4 years and around 9,300/- for the same amount for 1 year.

To add to above, if you have imported the vehicle under your name

you may have to bear the VAT. In other words if you are not a VAT registered customer

you will not be able to issue a VAT certificate for the purchase, so you may be

paying VAT twice over, that is once at the point of clearing and the other

with your lease rental every month.

So it is better to check all these now itself with your bank or the finance leasing company,

well a way to over come the above VAT issue is to obtain a personal loan for the vehicle.

Good luck