• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Impressions On A B4 Non-turbo.........

Shrapnel

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing is quite something!

Tore past me once with backfire lighting up the night! :)

yeah i do remember, somewhere in Dehiwela ryte ? that time it was runing damn rich and the car backfires alot, now its not backfiring but having an issue with the IC unable to cool the air and the Air temp is going up rapidly after a run,

Hate to disappoint, but there are a few Manual RSK's in town

Just be careful - it's going to be a costly exercise if you end up with a "lemon" - be weary of cars that have been sitting about for a while like the one @ No.63 Sunethra Devi sale in Kohuwala - was another colour & very tired some years back :mellow:

The seller's attitude doesn't help,either....he keeps accentuating the minuses of the car and telling people that he can get it "done up properly" when it is bought from him....should ring alarm bells!! :action-smiley-060: It is a blight to the Subaru B4s...

Mirage what registration is your car and what color is it? is it a auto or manual? Please share your comments on the B4 if you dont mind as im a newbie to this car......

I saw a H registered silver car down ward place it was damm nice....

Sorry Gayan - if i gave the impression that the car i bought was a B4.

Bit of personal history here -[hope it wont be boring] I was never interested in Subarus. it was Evos & Evos only. :) Even thought of converting the login car into an Evo.

When i went to see the RSK - the seller - who happened to be from my school - said in passing - that he can pass/overtake any car in his RSK but when he sees a STI - he lets it go :)

Well those words got me thinking and to make a long story short --I ended up going for a STI :) [this particular car was actually advertised on autolanka too]

Sorry Gayan - if i gave the impression that the car i bought was a B4.

Bit of personal history here -[hope it wont be boring] I was never interested in Subarus. it was Evos & Evos only. :) Even thought of converting the login car into an Evo.

When i went to see the RSK - the seller - who happened to be from my school - said in passing - that he can pass/overtake any car in his RSK but when he sees a STI - he lets it go :)

Well those words got me thinking and to make a long story short --I ended up going for a STI :) [this particular car was actually advertised on autolanka too]

Lol i thought you owned a b4 all this time thats crazy.....which sti did you buy? Was it a conversion or an original car?

Hoping there will be some b4's advertised tomorrow wish me luck guys.....

Lol i thought you owned a b4 all this time thats crazy.....which sti did you buy? Was it a conversion or an original car?

Hoping there will be some b4's advertised tomorrow wish me luck guys.....

Its the "7 to 9" STI or the "1234" STI.

If you are confused - i'll explain. This is an original STI 7. [only recently i learnt it was the 01st STI 7 brought down to S.L.]. The previous owner - in last July - has replaced ALL panels & ALL lights -head/brake etc with BRAND NEW & also ORIGINAL STI 9 panels & lights. Transformation has taken place @ Senok. It has cost him a packet. So it looks EXACTLY like a STI 9 :)

Also "1234" is the number of the car.

Since you are very keen to get a good B4 - why dont you call Senok and see whether they know of any B4s for sale. Also there is a guy called Jehan there- he's an amiable & helpful person, i'm sure he'll help you to recommend a good vehicle.

Anyway- all the best.!!

Good luck with a B4!

I ,too,received pointers from Jehan when I was hunting for one-talking to him is rather sensible.....

Try to go for one that is OEM and without so many dummy scopes hanging all over the cockpit/leaky BOVs and other mods...gives you a control on how YOU want your B4 to be...

B)

yeah i do remember, somewhere in Dehiwela ryte ? that time it was runing damn rich and the car backfires alot, now its not backfiring but having an issue with the IC unable to cool the air and the Air temp is going up rapidly after a run,

:lol: yup just coming down from the fly over i think it was!

anyone one here in this thread bought the B4 advertised at sirimal uyana. if so what was the going price..

When I checked it out some time back, it was available for 1.9Mln...missing a turning signal light and few scrapes on the front buffer :blink:

• 5 weeks later...
THats because parts are expensive and no second hand market.....

But considering how many people are looking for B4s on a weekly basis, i dont think the 2nd hand market is that big an issue.. afterall if the new b4 is as quick as the old one, that would be a logical upgrade for current b4 owners who are looking to upgrade, hence putting thier cars back out on the market for others looking of the older legacy/B4...

As for the parts issue, i dont know to comment...

ok.. i cant bare to see this..

number one: if u are looking for a B4 the fuel consumption should be banned question.. if u cant afford the petrol dont get it..

i hate people looking for sports sedans and worrying about fuel consumption.. if u are go buy an axio or some commoner like that... man... :angry:

and considering the fact that i am also looking for one... this is the same case...

I don't think alot of people are looking for B4's as its not your day to day car....Plus some B4's have been advertised and not sold for Months...I think the Fuel consumption of 5 to 6 per klm is the thing that puts people off

Apart from that great car....

Mine does 7 Km/ltr, I sit in the car for at least 2 hours each day and travel 25KM up and down on a good road against traffic. Its actually kind of a stress buster :)

Most X Trails do worse on juice, but so may out there.

Mine does 7 Km/ltr, I sit in the car for at least 2 hours each day and travel 25KM up and down on a good road against traffic. Its actually kind of a stress buster :)

Most X Trails do worse on juice, but so may out there.

Juice is worth the squeeze (ride) :girl_wink:

Edited by MkX