• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Intermittent Power Failure To The Audio Setup - Nissan Sunny N16

tharaka jayasinghe

Question

hi,

I have a Nissan sunny N16 manual Tx car. Power supply to the audio setup goes off and then come back on sometimes in following cases:

1. when the car is accelerated in 1st or the 2nd gear.

2. When the head light is switched on

3. When the signal light is switched on

4. When central locking system get activated.

5. When the breaks are applied

6. When the engine stalls.

This happens more frequently when accelerated in 1st or 2nd gear in heavy traffic or when going up on a hill. some times this does not happen at all (I took the car to the garage twice and this thing did not occur) and because of that it is somewhat hard to trouble shoot.

This thing continued for some time and yesterday when engine stalled I couldn't even start the car (earlier there was no problem with starting the car and it was just the audio set up power supply issue). when tried to start even the digital mileage meter went off and power to the audio system and security system was also completely off. when taken to the garage they cleaned and tightened the battery terminals. It was all ok during yesterday afternoon and today morning. even the audio set up power problem did not occur. But in the evening audio setup power failure occurred again when I accelerated in 1st gear. It occurred few times on the way home from office ( no problem with starting the car yet). I checked the battery terminal and they are just tight and fine.

Please help me to fix this problem.

Thnx.

6 answers to this question

hi,

I have a Nissan sunny N16 manual Tx car. Power supply to the audio setup goes off and then come back on sometimes in following cases:

This happens more frequently when accelerated in 1st or 2nd gear in heavy traffic or when going up on a hill. some times this does not happen at all (I took the car to the garage twice and this thing did not occur) and because of that it is somewhat hard to trouble shoot.

This thing continued for some time and yesterday when engine stalled I couldn't even start the car (earlier there was no problem with starting the car and it was just the audio set up power supply issue). when tried to start even the digital mileage meter went off and power to the audio system and security system was also completely off. when taken to the garage they cleaned and tightened the battery terminals. It was all ok during yesterday afternoon and today morning. even the audio set up power problem did not occur. But in the evening audio setup power failure occurred again when I accelerated in 1st gear. It occurred few times on the way home from office ( no problem with starting the car yet). I checked the battery terminal and they are just tight and fine.

Thnx.

sounds a loose connection somewhere. What happens to the memory of the setup when this occurs? Does it remains or you have to memorize stations again? Check following thoroughly.

Check the fuse for the setup to see its loosen

if not move to check

Earthing point from the negative battery terminal. Remove if any rust found on the bolt which secures the supply wire to the body. Also make sure its well tighten.

Check the wires attached to the battery terminals for loose connections (not the terminal itself but where it connects to the wires). Also check this wires for broken/ weaken places.

If all fails give a check to prominent places where positive line gets connected such as fuse box.

hi,

Thnx.

once i had the same problem ( with the engine) and that was due to the faulty security system. IMO your problem is also something to do with the security system hence the signal lights, central locks, brake lights and the engine ignition, key INT possition are directly connected to the alarm! just remove the security system and run the car for couple of days to verify!

Edited by mistaken_ID

sounds a loose connection somewhere. What happens to the memory of the setup when this occurs? Does it remains or you have to memorize stations again? Check following thoroughly.

Check the fuse for the setup to see its loosen

if not move to check

Earthing point from the negative battery terminal. Remove if any rust found on the bolt which secures the supply wire to the body. Also make sure its well tighten.

Check the wires attached to the battery terminals for loose connections (not the terminal itself but where it connects to the wires). Also check this wires for broken/ weaken places.

If all fails give a check to prominent places where positive line gets connected such as fuse box.

Dear Harshan,

I really appreciate your advices and will check accordingly. When the setup power goes off and comes back on I think setup memory is not erased. I haven't check the radio stations as I don't listen the radio. I usually listen to mp3s stored in a USB flash drive. If the setup power goes off in the middle of a song, when the power comes on it starts from exactly where it stopped. So that means the setup memory hasn't got erased I guess (I'm not talking about USB flash drive memory here). As I've told you some time this doesn't occur at all. For example that didn't occur a single time today. But yesterday it occurred more than five times.

Tnks.

Dear Harshan,

I really appreciate your advices and will check accordingly. When the setup power goes off and comes back on I think setup memory is not erased. I haven't check the radio stations as I don't listen the radio. I usually listen to mp3s stored in a USB flash drive. If the setup power goes off in the middle of a song, when the power comes on it starts from exactly where it stopped. So that means the setup memory hasn't got erased I guess (I'm not talking about USB flash drive memory here). As I've told you some time this doesn't occur at all. For example that didn't occur a single time today. But yesterday it occurred more than five times.

Tnks.

great, good observation there. Usually setup is wired using two power sources. One from ignition line (not from key barrel per say but a line powered by the ACC. and ON positions) and another one from direct positive line. Cause for your issue is an loose connection in the first supply I mentioned. If it's occurring else where like entire fuse board or battery terminals then the memory of the setup too should erase. Check the supply lines to setup specifically the one powered by the ignition line.

hi,

Thnx.

Sir,

I have had this problem on my Ken wood Radio set and that has a CD player too.

Check your charging voltage it should be under 14 Volts DC maximum can go up to 14.5 DC Volts

Some Sets has built in cut off power as safety above specified Voltage.

Others I cannot comment as I did not have any problems you have mentioned.

Wijesinghe.

Dear all,

I know it's been some time since I posted this problem. Your ideas were very much helpful. I replaced the battery terminals and the problem was solved. Although the old terminals seemed quite tightly fixed, when the car is moving they might have intermittently loosened a bit. Thanks for all your ideas.

Cheers,

Tharaka