• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

China's Geely Completes Volvo Buy

kotte mafia

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any experience of using a chinese vehicle ?

A very experienced individual tells us you need to replace the suspension as soon as you buy it, looses water before 20k, and replace the alternator at 20k and Brake Master Cylinder at 35k with JAPANESE parts.

I can tell you with certainty that even the Malaysian one my dad owns has not had its suspension played with, doesn't loose water, has not had alternator and Brake Master Cylinder at the 35k mark. And I'm quite sure its ride is more comfortable than said Chinese vehicle even after its suspension mods.

A very experienced individual tells us

Small correction Peri, it should be "A self proclaimed very experienced individual"

We have about 100 odd fleet of chinese cars and they came with helluva lot of features including clutch less manual transmission. Less than one year on the road and seems like we have to write off most of them. I don't think the management would do the same mistake again.

A very experienced individual tells us you need to replace the suspension as soon as you buy it, looses water before 20k, and replace the alternator at 20k and Brake Master Cylinder at 35k with JAPANESE parts.

Yes Peri I saw it,it was about a chana and I think he is yaka baas.But ,Peri micro owners do not have complains like.So as maruti owners.I spoke to drivers of both makes.

Yes Peri I saw it,it was about a chana and I think he is yaka baas.But ,Peri micro owners do not have complains like.So as maruti owners.I spoke to drivers of both makes.

No no, you quite clearly said

Do you have any experience of using a chinese vehicle ?

Which was what I was replying to. And neither Micros or Marutis are Chinese. Some of the Micros are either Chinese designed or based on Chinese designs, not sure how that works out, but its not Chinese, legally its Sri Lankan. The Chevrolet Cruze, for example, isn't considered Japanese despite its origins. The Rover whatever-that-model-was isn't considered Indian where its sold in the UK.

No no, you quite clearly said

Which was what I was replying to. And neither Micros or Marutis are Chinese. Some of the Micros are either Chinese designed or based on Chinese designs, not sure how that works out, but its not Chinese, legally its Sri Lankan. The Chevrolet Cruze, for example, isn't considered Japanese despite its origins. The Rover whatever-that-model-was isn't considered Indian where its sold in the UK.

One of my friend is looking forward to buy a Micro assembled Geely Mark II from micro. and seeking for opinion and any info on that vehicle. ?

any help?