• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda City And Honda Civic

ShanTheBest

Hi All,

What is the difference between honda city and civic (EK3). I dont know much about cars, but really interesting buying Honda machine.

Thanks,

Shan

honda city is to the civic like vios to the corolla. in other words it is a cut back civic. we had a YOM 2001 honda city for 9 years in our family and sold it within 8 hours of publishing the advert is AL. damn good value for money car considering how cheap it goes compared to civic. anyway let me list the pros and cons of city compared to civic briefly.

pros

-----

price (bif diff), fuel consumption (in manual transmission vehicles only), cheaper to maintain

cons

-----

civic vtec is faster than city vtec but city is still way faster than corolla and sunny

hard touch plastics as oppsed to civic's softer ones in interior

less room but still sufficiently spacious for an average family of 4

not typically built in japan and therefore there is negative market perception. having used a thailand made city for 9 years i must say that our honda has been as durable as any other jap made honda. choice is yours as to whether you'd give in for market perception

oh and the big one... if i am not mistaken then i think automatic gear box in civic is CVT whereas in city (YOM 2000-2002) it is traditional automatic, this has an impact both on fuel consumption and performance. (to me though the difference is not worth the extra price)

honda city is to the civic like vios to the corolla. in other words it is a cut back civic. we had a YOM 2001 honda city for 9 years in our family and sold it within 8 hours of publishing the advert is AL. damn good value for money car considering how cheap it goes compared to civic. anyway let me list the pros and cons of city compared to civic briefly.

pros

-----

price (bif diff), fuel consumption (in manual transmission vehicles only), cheaper to maintain

cons

-----

civic vtec is faster than city vtec but city is still way faster than corolla and sunny

hard touch plastics as oppsed to civic's softer ones in interior

less room but still sufficiently spacious for an average family of 4

not typically built in japan and therefore there is negative market perception. having used a thailand made city for 9 years i must say that our honda has been as durable as any other jap made honda. choice is yours as to whether you'd give in for market perception

oh and the big one... if i am not mistaken then i think automatic gear box in civic is CVT whereas in city (YOM 2000-2002) it is traditional automatic, this has an impact both on fuel consumption and performance. (to me though the difference is not worth the extra price)

Thanks Isurujosh ...