• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Worlds Most Expensive Cars

noaim

• 1 month later...

Ya maybe, but these 10 r the Top 10! :)

jst 4 da record! ferrari GTO is said to be da most expensive of the 10, even surpassing Royale with 13000cc engine :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.autozine.org/Classiccar/html/Fe.../250GT.html#GTO

250gto0fw.jpg

With little doubt, Ferrari 250GTO is the most desirable post-war collection today. In 1990, it set a world record auction price at US$10.7 million. Today this record is still yet to be matched by any other cars. Why is the GTO so desirable? Because it combines beautiful style, exotic performance, great racing history and rarity. Only 39 GTOs were made between 1962 and 64, and even fewer of them remain alive today after hundreds of great battles on race tracks.

Good stuff.. hmm I just cant pin point the 250GTO though.. the link is ok but I cant match it any other site..

Ok found it: the record at the moment is $24 Million for:

1954 Mercedes W 196 -- $24 million

The holy grail of racing cars, it was introduced at the 1954 French Grand Prix at Reims, and went on to dominate Formula 1 racing for both the 1954 and 1955 seasons. What made the automobile so special was its revolutionary valve system, which utilized positive control without having to resort to springs.

This car was raced by legendary drivers Juan Manuel Fangio and Stirling Moss before ending up in a museum in the 1980s. The car was sold for a couple of millions to finance renovations at the museum, and sold again in 1990 to a French industrialist for $24 million. A German businessman is currently the owner; he reportedly paid less then half the amount in the late '90s.

http://www.artspace2000.com/millionaires_g...assic_cars.html

If you like cars.. you just have to check the link out! I just knew it had to be an F1!! :D:)

from what I remember seeing on "Car Crazy" an early 1900s Rolls Royce Silver Ghost is the most expensive car (40mil US-insured value) in the world.

pic

I think the the bugatti Veyron is the most expensive current production car (1.3mil US). The Veyron is the best car that I'll never own - I am a lil biased towards the veyron :)

Shakir, Kris, its not on this list but you guys should read up on the legend of the Bentley Blue Train Special and Woolf Barnato. Its truly interesting stuff. The car is so evil and rakish looking that Bentley would do well to create a modern version.

And no, to my knowledge, the only non-American-made car that Snoop owns is a rather recent Porsche 911. I think you may be referring to his custom Cadillac Coupe De Ville, the Snoop De Ville. :)

The 250GT is still f**king gorgeous, what? Look at it!

from what I remember seeing on "Car Crazy" an early 1900s Rolls Royce Silver Ghost is the most expensive car (40mil US-insured value) in the world.

pic

I think the the bugatti Veyron is the most expensive current production car (1.3mil US). The Veyron is the best car that I'll never own - I am a lil biased towards the veyron :lol:

True the car is said to be 'priceless' it's not on this list as the Ghost has never been auctioned :)

Shakir, Kris, its not on this list but you guys should read up on the legend of the Bentley Blue Train Special and Woolf Barnato. Its truly interesting stuff. The car is so evil and rakish looking that Bentley would do well to create a modern version.

And no, to my knowledge, the only non-American-made car that Snoop owns is a rather recent Porsche 911. I think you may be referring to his custom Cadillac Coupe De Ville, the Snoop De Ville. :lol:

The 250GT is still f**king gorgeous, what? Look at it!

Good stuff man! You gave me a good bit of googling to do.. must make a list of the hotest classic car's regardless of price etc.

Good stuff.. hmm I just cant pin point the 250GTO though.. the link is ok but I cant match it any other site..

Ok found it: the record at the moment is $24 Million for:

1954 Mercedes W 196 -- $24 million

hey kewl! so we have got the ball rolling yet again... since u r lover of classics and uve been doing some googling according to the inputs in this thread y not make nice list(i mean an updated one) - time permitting so :)

---

bdw this guy in autozine is an individual doing it 4 fun, perhaps we can update him on this if this thread z 2 hav good info.

True the car is said to be 'priceless' it's not on this list as the Ghost has never been auctioned B)

Good stuff man! You gave me a good bit of googling to do.. must make a list of the hotest classic car's regardless of price etc.

hey Pila. are you really into things like restoring old cars?

hey Pila. are you really into things like restoring old cars?

Just a lover of all things wheels....and crazy over historical cars! My personal interest these days is the vehicles used in crimes and by criminals.. Also love reading about the stuff used by Elvis B)

Just a lover of all things wheels....and crazy over historical cars! My personal interest these days is the vehicles used in crimes and by criminals.. Also love reading about the stuff used by Elvis B)

so do you do like start on projcts where you buy some 1950s 60s car and renovate them?

so do you do like start on projcts where you buy some 1950s 60s car and renovate them?

no dude you misunderstood me.. I do not do that sort of thing... but Rupees permitting maybe someday.. what I ment is that I'm just into the subject.. As for restoring- the Guys in this forum who are really into it are KLM & Dunc, and maybe Minature Ace? I donno for sure.. Anyone else?