• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Coming To Sri Lanka - What To See For A Car Nut?

Andrew

Hi all,

My name is Andrew, and I live in Australia. I'm a bit of a car fan over here - its my life. As a driver I compete in circuit sprints and hillclimbs with my Dad in our Alfa Romeo. I'm almost finished restoring my '79 Fiat X19 which will be used for historic racing and tarmac rallying, and I just picked up my next project the other day - a 60's VW Manx Baja beach buggy in need of full restoration. I'm also a rally co-driver for my friend, and we compete in the South Australian Rally Championship in his Subaru WRX. Kinda into cars :)

In Feburary 2011 I am coming to Sri Lanka on a backpacking trip to see as much of the island as possible - it looks beautiful. I'm wanting to see as much of your motor racing as I can - circuit racing, hillclimb, rally. Anything and everything would be cool. What events are on in Feburary? I have no real plans yet other than spending the month in Sri Lanka, so I can travel around. It would be really great if I could see a rally event.

Also, what other car related things are there to see in Sri Lanka during Feburary? Are there any motor shows on? Are there any interesting museums or collections to see?

And on a wider scope, from a locals perspective what are the cool things to see and do in Sri Lanka?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Regards,

Andrew

Welcome to Autolanka! April is when you would see many hill climbs on the roads winding their way through tea plantations. I've been away from the country for a while, but I'm sure other forum members can give you plenty of recommendations for your trip.

Edited by madmax

Hi all,

My name is Andrew, and I live in Australia. I'm a bit of a car fan over here - its my life. As a driver I compete in circuit sprints and hillclimbs with my Dad in our Alfa Romeo. I'm almost finished restoring my '79 Fiat X19 which will be used for historic racing and tarmac rallying, and I just picked up my next project the other day - a 60's VW Manx Baja beach buggy in need of full restoration. I'm also a rally co-driver for my friend, and we compete in the South Australian Rally Championship in his Subaru WRX. Kinda into cars :)

In Feburary 2011 I am coming to Sri Lanka on a backpacking trip to see as much of the island as possible - it looks beautiful. I'm wanting to see as much of your motor racing as I can - circuit racing, hillclimb, rally. Anything and everything would be cool. What events are on in Feburary? I have no real plans yet other than spending the month in Sri Lanka, so I can travel around. It would be really great if I could see a rally event.

Also, what other car related things are there to see in Sri Lanka during Feburary? Are there any motor shows on? Are there any interesting museums or collections to see?

And on a wider scope, from a locals perspective what are the cool things to see and do in Sri Lanka?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Regards,

Andrew

u should be able to catch the Pelwatte Rally in February