• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Registration

CARINA

Recently I bought a car with a duplicate registation book. I bought it from the registed owner ofcause. Will i have any problems in selling the car any day if I have to ? can some one advise me please

yes, because the Sri Lankan car market is full of idiots who are under the impression that the "book" is a sacred piece of paper which must never get lost and when it does, the car instantly breaks apart.

there is a chance that you will run into problems.

reason being that a duplicate CR cannot be transfered in 1 day. also i hear some leasing companies will not lease vehicles on duplicate cr's (or the process will take longer than usual to verify the car is not stolen or on fake papers)

because of the above issues, these cars are not easily sold. if you find a cash buyer, then you are ok.

yes, because the Sri Lankan car market is full of idiots who are under the impression that the "book" is a sacred piece of paper which must never get lost and when it does, the car instantly breaks apart.

U cant tell like that also machang.

in Sl most of Defenders/LRs /Bjs/4DR5s they have that duplicate books..which is not genuine...

If you have money you can get anything done from RMV.

Best way their doing is giving a duplicate book..... Which is registered under ladies Im nt discriminating)Name...

But their can be genuine cases also....

I have checked out so many jeeps to buy....But it says DUPLICATE

Machang it is unfair to call them idiots, all they are doing is been extra safe before spending their life times worth of savings. Registration book is somewhat of a sacred piece of paper. There are so many scams out there involving stolen or rented cars set up for sale using fake documents.

RMV need to come up with a better procedure to replace lost/stolen reg books instead of printing out a copy and stamping it as duplicate.