• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unregistered Car

AbeysinghE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome and makes no difference to the torque converter, though it's ok if you're getting stuck in the same place for more than a min as it'd stop trying to move the car forward while you apply brakes to stop it in one place. And in CVTs, it may reduce wear on the belt/s. But the TC will be rotating in any case.

Load in the sense the power transmitted through the engine, so it may reduce wear on brake pads and the diff.

Oh and if the ATF cooler part of your radiator isn't in good condition, on a very hot day if idling for a very long time boxed within a lot of other vehicles producing a lot of heat, the ATF may not cool down enough and properties may change or even boil, needless to say that's disastrous for the GB.

Shifting to N when stopped could be a safety hazard if Someone smashes you from Behind and your foot gets dislodged from the brake since you tend to keep your foot a bit more light footed compared to when the car is in D and when you are pressing on the brake pedal......... I was told not to shift to N by a driving instructor abroad as it was considered a safety risk .....as the car is in Neutral and is harder to control in an emergency!

Shifting to N when stopped could be a safety hazard if Someone smashes you from Behind and your foot gets dislodged from the brake since you tend to keep your foot a bit more light footed compared to when the car is in D and when you are pressing on the brake pedal......... I was told not to shift to N by a driving instructor abroad as it was considered a safety risk .....as the car is in Neutral and is harder to control in an emergency!

Countered by saying if its on neutral some of the force of the impact will go towards making the car move forward, sort of like a crumple zone absorbs impact.

Countered by saying if its on neutral some of the force of the impact will go towards making the car move forward, sort of like a crumple zone absorbs impact.

Exactly,even though your vehicle absorbs some of the force some of it will also be used to move the car forward so theoretically its actually better to leave your car on neutral.But when it come to practicality its totally different cause if you have a car in front you could end up with a car thats squashed from both sides.

Exactly,even though your vehicle absorbs some of the force some of it will also be used to move the car forward so theoretically its actually better to leave your car on neutral.But when it come to practicality its totally different cause if you have a car in front you could end up with a car thats squashed from both sides.

... And worse if there are people crossing in front of you in a case where you are first in line and stopped at a light !!!

But I'm pretty sure, either of them won't give you the fuel consumption figures of 1000CC Belta. :)

Underpowered cars have lowerfuel econ cause engines have strive more harder to move

eg- nissan march 1.0l and 1.3l

Isn't that true TOYOTA_fan (did i read u'r name correctly :action-smiley-060: )

Edited by toyota sucks

hi mate

I think you can go for a maruti K10 its brand new one and also with in ur budget you can buy 2 of them if you want.

Exactly why would someone wanting to buy a car worth 2.8 million go for two marutis instead?

That's like saying "don't bang Jessica Alba, you can bang two Oprah Winfrey's instead."

Exactly why would someone wanting to buy a car worth 2.8 million go for two marutis instead?

That's like saying "don't bang Jessica Alba, you can bang two Oprah Winfrey's instead."

lol :D :D

ROFL :D

hi mate

I think you can go for a maruti K10 its brand new one and also with in ur budget you can buy 2 of them if you want.

any one with a 2.8 million dont go for two marutis you know why becose they are lots of reliable and technically advanced jap cars for 2.8 million :P

Edited by nexus

Yep a car (honda) with 7 speed paddle shifters can't be compaired to a normal auto with low pickup and a mode that makes fuel econ even low,

S-mode which I call (slow mode) which increases revs not speed

Hmm interesting comment.. but then the "S" Mode in Cars like the Honda Jazz etc... they must be for "Sport Mode" right? I was wondering why everytime I shifted to S mode in my friends Allion, it just revved higher and went no where.. :S But in the Honda Jazz, my god it became a pocket rocket... :unsure: amazing.....

Brand new ?

samishka because it's brand new doesn't mean it's good in maruti you get like Cramped interior,no power mirrors,no defogger,no abs or air bag what so ever. in recon jap car ride is more conferable more safe and way more reliable and more importantly worth every penny.

samishka because it's brand new doesn't mean it's good in maruti you get like Cramped interior,no power mirrors,no defogger,no abs or air bag what so ever. in recon jap car ride is more conferable more safe and way more reliable and more importantly worth every penny.

This is true regarding some particular makes (eg my aunty's Tata Indica Diesel, Mr.Sylvi's CHANA van and of course Marutis made during the era when the Indian Govt. had the controlling stake in Maruti-Suzuki Joint venture)

Yes, I agree

Worth every penny? No, not applicable for Re-cons, because those car sales mention ridiculous prices for their Japanese discard vehicles.

In the crazy market here, maybe some models but not overpriced common cars. In reality, they're all actually worth less than half the selling value IMO

BLu3HaZe you are correct but i dont think any car in sri lanka Worth every penny but i mean by saying Worth every penny is it's better to spend on jap recon than maruti.